CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST

'The things we hate always have a way of showing us why we hate them'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

I SKIMMED DOWN THE HALLS OF RIVERDALE HIGH. My key in hand, making screeching noises as it scraped across the doors of lockers until I came to stop at the one I was looking for.

Chuck Clayton, you messed with the wrong blonde.I was skipping class, well it was actually a memorial assembly for Jason Blossom, which I didn't want to go to. I didn't know him well, I didn't talk to him, why should I show up? Which makes me question everyone else theories on why I wasn't there, I wonder if they'd think I was upset or didn't care. Those who truly knew me would vote the latter of the two, I didn't care about Jason Blossom, only myself.

I plugged my earphones into my phone before tucking them into my ears, I put my playlist on shuffle and listened to a few songs. I stopped in front of Chuck's locker and carved into it.

PERV

The paint was scraped off easy, like butter on toast, and I couldn't help but grin at my handiwork. I tucked my key into my pocket and continued on my way down the halls, passing by empty classrooms before stopping in front of the trophy cabinet.

They had stuck up a photo of Jason inside, football jersey with classic kneeling position and all, smiling like the pretty boy he was. I felt bad in someway for him, drowning was not a good way to go, and the cause was pathetic enough. The boat capsizing when reaching for his sister's glove, sad really.

My eyes looked over the board to the other football team pictures, dating all the way back to when my parents where in school.

The picture was surprisingly in colour, my dad back row, standing tall with his hands behind his back. He stood next to a man with clear tan skin and black hair, both grinning since they stood in the centre of the group. I saw Hal Cooper, he was kneeling at the front, the football at his knees. Fred Andrews was also there, and Reggie's dad. 

The cheerleading team was spread out on either side of the football team, their arms high and their pom poms shaking in the wind.

Alice Cooper stood at the front, her leg bent in a sassy position, a grin on her face. Her blonde hair curled and styled nicely, her features sharp and strong. Penelope Blossom stood next to her, the same position, only she didn't smile, her face remained the forever scowl it was.

My mother stood next a woman with tan skin and dark hair, both were grinning and in the same pose as Alice and Penelope. On the other side of my mother was Mary Andrew's, her hair cut short like I always remembered, grinning into the photo.

They all looked so different, yet still the same.I was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. I pulled my earbuds out and turned seeing a girl with short black hair and a obviously large trust fund.

"Can I help you?" I said with disinterest.

"Hi, I'm Veronica Lodge, my friends over there thought that I shouldn't talk to you because apparently your not nice" she said pointing at none other than Betty Cooper and Kevin Keller, their cringes clearly evident on their faces.

I used to pour chocolate milk in Betty's hair, good times.

"And you thought that you could talk to me because......" I trailed off a bitchy tone in my voice.