CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS

'You look beautiful, like perfection at its finest'

I don't own Riverdale, only my characters

I sat on my bed painting my nails a brilliant red, my window open letting the cool air waft in. I heard a few footsteps behind me, I turned around slightly seeing mom standing in the doorway. "Hey mom" I smiled, "hey honey" she replied moving towards my bed. She laid down closing her eyes "did you talk to Jughead's dad?" I asked adding a layer of red to my pinky, "I did, he might be coming I don't know" she sighed. "What happened?" I asked, "nothing" she replied. She opened her eyes seeing the papers scattered around me "what are you working on?" She asked, "it's just a list of supplies for Jughead's birthday party" I answered.
"You're really falling for this Jughead, aren't you?" She smirked, my cheeks heated up and she grinned at me. We were quiet for a few moments before I piped up "mom, when you and dad started dating, did you tell him everything about yourself?" I asked. She sighed running a hand over her face "I sure did, and I wish I hadn't. I shared things with your father, my secrets, fears, doubts. And he ended up using them against me"

"What secrets?" I asked, "my mental health issues, my past, the things going wrong with my family. My struggles" she said "I trust Jughead mom" I said softly. "You should, but don't trust him with everything" she replied quietly.

After my talk with mom I had invited Kevin, Archie, Veronica, Betty and Marcus. Plus Kevin's boyfriend since he practically begged me to.
Archie had updated me on tonight, Jughead was bummed that Archie told me about his birthday but he was still excited that he got to go with me. He said that they were playing American Werewolf in London and Animal House, two of my favourites.

Jughead and were sitting comfortably in the cinema, a popcorn between us as I sipped on my coke. "I heard that Chuck was back" Jughead said after a few moments of silence, I picked at my nails "yeah I saw him yesterday morning" I replied. "What exactly happened between you Betty and Veronica that night?" He asked, I looked him in his eyes "Veronica, Betty and I decided to keep the details under wraps. To not really mention it" I said. He shrugged "alright, no worries" he said, "I only asked because after what you told me, I wanted to make sure you were alright"
"If I was upset about anything, it was that I had to hear about your birthday from Archie and not you, Jug" I smirked changing the subject, "yeah, well I didn't think you were an American Werewolf kind of girl"

I shot him a look, "Jughead Jones you have known me for how long? And you know how much I love classic movies, American Werewolf is in my top ten" I smirked "I'm all about the beast within" I grinned. He smiled widely at me before leaning over and kissing my cheek, I blushed scarlet at him.

"Can I ask you another question though?"

"Sure" I said grabbing a handful of popcorn and poplin one in my mouth, "before the July holidays you left for a month, where'd you go?" I choked on the popcorn. I spluttered getting it down, what am I supposed to tell him. Certainly nothing about the psych-ward or the sisters of quiet mercy. I began breaking into a cold sweat at his question "I-um. I was just....well-I was just.." I trailed off.
"It's okay, you don't have to tell me" he said, I relaxed for a moment "thank you" I said as the lights dimmed. His hand reached over and grasped mine squeezing it just as the movie started.

-----

"Why are all the lights off?" Jughead asked as we crept up Archies front steps, I grinned knowing what was inside. "Maybe Archies not home yet" I shrugged opening the door.