CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO

'I guess I won the I love you more game'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

Lillian's P.O.V

"You're not going in?" I asked FP as we sat in the car watching Anna and Jughead walk up the steps of Riverdale high, hand in hand, big grins on their faces. "No, to many memories I guess" he said softly, I turned to look at him a soft look in my eyes "you're going home, aren't you?" I asked. He nodded in reply, "do you want some company, I'm not big on seeing Alice or anyone else from high school" I said quietly. "I'd like that" FP smiled softly, he started the engine and we slowly left the school and went to the trailer park. As we stepped inside his trailer I took a canvas around the area, it was spotless and not a beer bottle in sight. I had noticed his good clothes and his clean shave, he didn't smell of alcohol either. He's cleaning up his act, just like I had told him to. We sat down on the couch our legs not even touching as we sat in silence.

"Do remember our homecoming?" He asked. I nodded, "I remember the dress you wore, and how you had your hair. I remember how excited you were when Fred and I started playing because you knew one of the songs were about you. I remember dancing with you, taking you home. But I mostly remember when you kissed me" he whispered. I gulped feeling a lump form in my throat, he adjusted his position on the couch and continued "you cupped my cheek like this-" his hand moved up and grasped my cheek his thumb tracing over my skin. "-and then you pulled me so close I thought my heart was going to beat of my chest-" he whispered pulling me closer our noses nearly touching. "-And then you kissed me" he whispered leaning forward his nose brushing against mine, my heart thumped widely in my chest. My hand gripping my thigh hard I thought it was going to bruise, our lips had just touched but he pulled back and moved away from me. What? What is he doing?

"I'm leaving Lillian" he whispered quietly, my eyes widened at him "leaving?" I questioned. "To Toledo, I'm going back to my wife and Jellybean" I tried swallowing the lump in my throat, "I'm finally listening to you Lillian, I'm getting my shit together. And for me to do that I need to be as far away from you as possible, because as much as I deny it..I'm still in love with you Lillian, and I can't do it anymore" he said. I could feel my eyes welling up with tears "is that what you want?" I whispered trying to mask the sadness in my voice "in a way, no I don't. I want to stay with you, but-but I need to think of my son and my daughter. They come first" he said "I know, I would've chosen my children" I replied looking down at my hands. "Lillian..." He trailed off, I looked up at him trying to hold back the tears. "....we were never meant to be together, we're to different" he sighed. "That's what made us so perfect" I whispered feeling a hot tear trace my cheek, his hand grasped mine and squeezed gently "I'm sorry" he whispered. I sniffed wiping my tears away "can you just-can you just kiss me" I whispered trying to hold back a sob "Lillian..." He trailed off "please, just one last time" I whimpered. His saddened face looked down and his rubbed his eyes gently, he looked back up to me and leaned forward. I felt his soft lips brush against mine quickly, he pulled back as quickly as it came. I could barely feel the tingles he used to leave.
We were quiet, nothing but the sounds from outside the trailer making its way into our lives. His hand still grasped mind tightly and my tears still fell onto my cheeks. He looked up to me connecting his eyes to mine, he let out a small huff of air he went to speak but not before something caught his eye behind me. Behind his head red and blue lights flashed. He stood quickly and looked out the window, I frowned wiping my tears away and turned to look through the window. The cops pulled up right in front of FP's trailer, Keller leading them. They banged on his door making me flinch slightly, FP straightened his shirt before snapping the door open.