CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE

'I don't understand you or anybody else'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

After the incident with the car, mom decided to take sick leave to get back into her usual mind set of bad jokes and late night snacking. When Marcus told me she was bipolar, it didn't come as a shock. Apart of me already knew, I've seen her medication, lithium, mood stabilisers, anti-depressants.
This was my mother, and I'm fine with it, I really am. She's back on her medication again, which is pretty good. It took some convincing from Marcus and I but we got her back on the stuff, she hasn't  been by herself lately. Shuts herself inside and just lays there for hours on end.

Today she was lying in bed again, her duvet up to her chin. I was going to go out today, spend the day with Jughead make up for ditching him at Pops. But he was helping Betty track down her sister Polly. So that gives me the day with mom.

I crawled into her bed, she shifted giving me room as I snuggled under the blankets like I used to as a kid. We didn't talk, we didn't need to. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was slow and calm, but I knew she was awake. Her eye twitched when they're closed, I buried my face into the pillow. It still smelt of dads aftershave, the peppermint one I gave him for Christmas last year.
Half of his stuff was still here, mom decided to be nice and not throw all of it out the window. So instead she packed it up and boxes which sat in his cupboard. Mom still kept her wedding ring, emergency cash she said it was, I wouldn't have guessed she'd pawn it off.

"Anna" she spoke, I looked at her. Her eyes were opened as she stared at her dresser, "yeah" I said quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before"

"It's okay mom"

"I was just afraid you'd be like Lena" she said softly, I frowned "Lena?"

"When she found out, she couldn't handle it I guess. Being the oldest it would've been expected she'd take care of me when I couldn't" she spoke quietly, I rolled towards her wrapped my arms around her holding her to me tightly. "I'm not like Lena mom, I'm not going to leave" I said.

She sighed "everybody always leaves" she took my arms off her and stood up, walking towards her bathroom. I frowned and stood up following after her "mom" I said, she went to shut the door but I stopped it keeping the door open.

"Mom, talk to me" I said a lump forming in my throat, she pushed the door harder trying to keep me out. "Anna, please leave me alone" she said.

"No, I'm not leaving mom. Not till you talk to me"

Her face hardened and she opened the door with a snap "alright Anna, you wanna talk to me. Fine!" She snarled.

"My husband left me, Lena left, Marcus left, you'll be next Anna. Because everyone always leaves me" she snapped.

My mouth hung open at her, why didn't I see this earlier. She's alone.

"Mom" I whispered tears pooling in my eyes, "Anna, please just-just leave me alone. I wanna be alone" she said a sternness in her breaking voice.

"Are you sure?" I asked, she nodded and closed the door.

I felt a salty hot tear trail down my cheek, I sniffed wiping it away. I sat on the end of her bed, I took my phone and dialled Jughead's number.