CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE

'Lets go kick some ass and look good while doing it'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

Annabelle Underwood is known to many people as the uncaring, hot (quoting the jocks), badass she is. But I know a different side of her, the softer side. Some know her as Annabelle Underwood, but I know her as just Anna, simple Anna.
Those dirty blonde locks, bright eyes and pale skin. The ultimate perfection, like most jocks they just talk about how she looks on the outside, but me. I see her not only on the outside, but on the inside, the truth of herself buried deep down.

Today Annabelle Underwood sat with me at lunch, I wanted to leave because she intimidated me, she made me nervous. Not scared like most people, just nervous.

And when she invited me to pops I was even more nervous, was this a joke, a prank? I see who she talks to, I know who she hangs out with. Now as I sit alone at pops and wait for her arrival apart of me feels as if this is a huge joke, will she stand me up?

Questions only Annabelle can answer.

But my story isn't about my night with Annabelle Underwood, it's about who she is, and how different she is to me.
I hear the whispers about her, how dangerous she is, cold and heartless. But I know who she truly is, a soft, smart, kind girl. The truth about herself that she buried deep down inside herself, behind the beautiful exterior. The exterior that half of our year have fallen in love with, her face, her body an object that catches the eye of every person as she swings her hips through the halls of Riverdale high.

Compliments that don't mean anything to her because she knows, I know, everyone knows that she doesn't care about fake compliments about her exterior.

Annabelle Underwood, the girl I've had a crush on since the 1st grade for defending me for my name. I still remember the painful cry of Reggie as she yanked on his hair, harder and harder when he refused to apologise.

As far as I know, Anna has three separate personalities. Number one, her tough, badass, bad mouth side of her that doesn't take anything from anyone. Number 2, the soft, kind caring side to her, the Anna I know all too well. Then number 3, I call her third personality mono. Short for monotone because like the rod, it describes her third personality.

The days when she isn't around emotionally, when she shuts herself off from people. I knew this Anna, the quiet Anna, the reserved shy Anna, the side of Annabelle Underwood we've all seen to many times to not suspect there's something wrong.

No matter how hard she denies that's there's nothing wrong.

Then it's finished, he hasn't finished it.

"It's not finished" I said, "well, I'm still learning more about you. I can't finish it yet" he replied giving me a small smile.

"It's good, I like it. But how did you know all that stuff about me?" I asked "I noticed, I picked up a few things here and there" he answered, he really noticed, how much does he know about me?

I looked down a small blush creeping onto my cheeks, I felt Jughead's fingers land underneath my chin and lift my face up. His smile was gone and his lips were parted, his eyes glanced down at my lips and I voluntarily leaned in our faces merely inches apart. Our breaths mingled and I could feel small zaps from being so close to him.
We began leaning in our noses nearly touching when the bell to Pops rang and heels clicked away.