CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS

'I love you, is that not real enough'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

"What are you doing here?" I said my voice tight and restricted, "I warned you Lillian" he said his voice calm yet startling. He took a step towards me "I told you not to see him" he continued taking another step closer to me, "I did it for Anna" I quickly spoke "you could've said no" he tsked his frame moving closer towards me. My heart thumped in my chest, my veins turning to ice from fear. "Vincent... I'm sorry" I said.

Then suddenly he grabbed me and pushed me backwards, my footing got caught and I slammed into the wall a large thump erupting from the meeting. "You should really learn to listen Lillian, you've been disobedient for the past few months. And in all honestly we need to fix that" tears pooled in my eyes as he shut the door behind him, I knew what he was going to do I could already feel the pain spreading over my body. "Please, please don't" I whimpered backing away from him only to hit the wall, he merely shook his head and gripped his belt undoing it and taking it off. I closed my eyes shielding my face with my arms small whimpers leaving me.
I heard the snap of the belt before I felt it, the way it slapped against my skin sounded like it burned and it truthfully did. My flesh whacked with the pain of leather against skin. But he didn't stop, one, two, three, four times he continued to hit me with the belt. The buckle was loud, my cries silent. I didn't want to wake Anna.

Then it stopped, pain radiating up my arms and over my body. I ducked my head out of its protection, Vincent stood above me wrapping his belt back around him. Tears had fallen out of my eyes, he shook his head once again before bending down and gripping my upper arms. I whimpered at the hard grip he had, squeezing my arms with every bit of strength he had. I could feel the bruises forming.

SMACK

I didn't feel pain, I didn't feel anything as I was dropped to the floor. The door was wide open and someone else was inside. I opened my closed eyes and saw Vincent pressed against the wall, my eyes widened at my rescuer. His blood hair uncannily similar to Vincent, the same strong build and height matching. He barked at his father his hands cutting deeper into Vincent's neck making his face turn bright red. I wanted him to stop, tell him to stop, but all I could feel was the searing pain over my body and the bubbling anger inside me. I attempted to speak but all that came from my throat was a croak followed by a loud sob, I ducked my head down and let my tears flow free. It then became quiet, an eery silence followed by a door closing with a loud bang it seemed to shake the house.
Arms wrapped around me gently, I moved my head to see who it was seeing Marcus hovering above me his face red. "Are you okay mom?" He asked his voice straining to sound soft, I nodded wiping under my eyes getting rid of the stray tears. "Why was he here mom?" He asked, "he saw me with FP" I whispered Marcus's eyes went wide "he knows?" Marcus panicked. "He only knows a part of the story, he doesn't know all of it" I sighed rubbing my arms painfully, "Vincent told me that if I saw FP, he'd do something. Something bad, this was only the beginning" I whimpered. Marcus pulled me in embracing me, his hand reaching up and rubbing my back gently, "it's going to be okay mom, we'll get FP and the serpents to help okay" he said still holding me. I pulled back "I don't want them involved, the serpents can't know about this. They'll tear him limb from limb" I said a spark of fear spreading throughout me, "mom he needs to pay for everything's he's done, not just what's he's done to you. But to me, Anna.....Lena"