CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES

'I'm through with love, I'll never fall again'

I do not own any of Riverdale, only my characters

Marcus's P.O.V

"I know homecoming was never your thing, but I really want you to go" Cheryl grinned shuffling through racks for of suit blazers, she felt the fabric of the blazer and shirts scrunching her nose up at ones she didn't like and grinning at the ones she liked. "I didn't go to my own homecoming, I'm definitely not going to yours" I said from my seated position on the lounges. Cheryl dragged me to Riverdale's best suit store in town, which happened to be the only one so she could get me a suit for homecoming. A dance I didn't even want to go to. Cheryl spun around and stalked to me, she laid both her hands on my shoulders and leaned forward "Marcus Underwood, you are definitely going to homecoming. I don't have a date, and neither do you" she smiled "it isn't even my homecoming, I don't need a date to something I'm not going to" I said giving her a snarky smirk. Cheryl playfully rolled her eyes at me before stepping back taking her hands off my shoulders "don't fight me on this Marcus, because you are guaranteed to lose" she said waving her pointer finger in the air. I couldn't help but smile as she continued sorting through the blazers.

After a few moments she let out a giggle before spinning around holding out a blazer and matching black dress shirt. "What?" I asked seeing her over excited expression "it's Marc Jacobs, black on black. Silk lining and shining texture!" She squealed racing over to me, "you have to try it on" she grinned grabbing my hand and pulling me off the couch. I didn't say no to her, even as she pushed me into the changing rooms with a dress shirt and blazer in hand. Within moments she came back with matching pants. "I was thinking maybe a pair Cesare Paciotti black lace ups" Cheryl called as I slipped my shirt over my head "Cheryl you know I don't care about designer brands" I called back, "I know, I just like dressing you up" I could practically hear her grin. "Am I your Ken doll now?" I asked grinning to myself "Marcus, I'm to old for dolls" she called. I let my grin widen as I slipped my shirt over my head, then the blazer before pulling up the pants. I opened the door, Cheryl's grin only widened more. "I knew it!" She grinned "knew what?" I chuckled "that you would be absolutely handsome in a Marc Jacobs" she smirked placing her hands on her hips.
She stepped forward and dusted off my shoulder before calling someone over, "tuck in the arms a little more and shorten the pants, also the lapels aren't lining up with his chest and it's seriously bothering me" she ordered. The tailor nodded before taking measurements and beginning to tailor my suit with the instruction of Cheryl.

After the tailor took the suit to fix it up Cheryl begged me to go to lunch with her, I more than happily agreed.

Cheryl and I have a definite complicated relationship, one minute we're not over each other, the next were both falling back into the traps that are our personalities. Next second we're at each other's throats, and now here we are, parading each other around as if we were each other's trophies. I had no problem with the last one. I enjoyed hanging out with Cheryl, we were best friends before we started dating. She never once treated me like a project, or a boy toy if that's what you call it. She treated me like a genuine friend, then we became more than that. Also something I had no problem with. You could say that Cheryl and I were two sides of the same coin, we were alike but very different. I think that's why we both felt so attracted to each other, it was something different from the past relationships we had. And even though or relationship sunk faster than the titanic, it was still by far the best.

------

Anna looked at me as if she was slapped across the face with a rubber chicken, shocked. Shock was a definite expression for this very moment, she was shocked that I was taking Cheryl to homecoming. Something she didn't expect when I first came back. "Is this a cry for help or something?" She asked from her seat position in our kitchen, she was planted on the kitchen counter chewing a jelly filled donut I had bought her. "No" I chuckled "are you trying to be nice?" She asked her left eyebrow raised, "no" I said. "Then why are you taking her to homecoming, especially after what she did" Anna practically spat out, "Anna you know that's not her fault, it's Chucks" I said. "If she hadn't dragged him along it wouldn't have happened" she snapped her eyes narrowing into dark slits, "okay it may be partially her fault, but can't we wipe the slate clean" I said trying to lighten the situation. Anna then slid off the counter throwing the donut back into the box and dusted her hands ridding herself of the sugar and jelly "you can wipe the slate clean Marcus, but I'm not. She's the reason my biggest secret was shown off to everyone in Riverdale. But I must say I'm a little shocked that you would even consider forgiving her for the stunt she pulled, I thought the saying was 'family first'" she pushed passed me and walked up the stairs "Anna!" I yelled, my answer was the slamming of her door. I sighed rubbing my nose before walking out of the kitchen only to be stopped by a knock at the door. I turned and opened the door only for Veronica to spring out "how is my favourite guy best friend" she grinned giving me a quick hug, "fine thanks" I said.