CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY

'It must be very isolating being you'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

Marcus's P.O.V

The dark halls of Thornhill always made me feel isolated, cramped and alone. They seemed endless and it's a wonder I've never been lost in them, you could never hear anything while walking through the halls but this time was different. I could hear small sobs and cries from the room I was hunting down, the pauses and gasps for air only made it easier.
There was no creak as my hand pushed open the door revealing Cheryl crying her body draped over her bed. "Cheryl" I called out, she shot up her eyes connecting with mine. As if it was an instinct she quickly wiped under her eyes "yes" she said. I took my first inside her room losing the door behind me "are you alright?" I asked, she nodded for a moment. I wasn't convinced, even if I hadn't found her crying I wouldn't have believed her, I know when Cheryl's lying. "Cheryl..." I started moving closer "you can tell me what's wrong".

"I know that" she said a small smile on her lips "then why are you crying?" Dumb question since Jason's body is literally underneath us. "I'm fine" she said rather strained, I gave her a look and she knew I could tell what was up. "Cheryl-"

"Don't, please don't" she said cutting me off "I don't want your sympathy alright, I don't need it" she continued her tone becoming snappy, "you can talk to me Cheryl, I'll help you" I said. She scoffed loudly rolling her eyes "says the guy who broke up with me the day after Jason died" her words were directed right at me, each spit wording splintering away at me. I was quiet for a moment but she continued "don't think your so high and mighty Marcus, you're not that special".

"You're not thinking straight Cheryl" I said stepping closer to her bed where she sat "is that every guys scapegoat, your not thinking straight. Excuse me that I'm a little emotional, my dead twin is downstairs rotting away while everyone blames me for his death" she snapped "so I'd appreciate it if you left"

"Is that what you want?"

Cheryl hesitated for a short moment before nodding, "I don't believe you" I said. Her chin raised and her eyes narrowed "is it so hard to believe that I don't want to talk to you, I don't want to see you I don't want to think about you" she snapped "so please get out" she said nodding towards the door, "Cheryl-"

"Get out"

"Cheryl just talk to me"

"I don't want to talk to you Marcus" she said sternly "so get out" she snapped. I took another step towards her "get out of my room" she growled lowly, I was barely an inch away from her, the coco Chanel perfume I bought her filling the air and wafting into my nose. "No" I said sternly, her eyes darkened as she tugged at my blazer.

SMACK

My face was sent sideways, my cheek stinging harshly from the slap. I looked to her seeing her nostrils flaring and her face almost as red as her hair. "Get out Marcus" she said sternly pointing to the door, my eyes darkened and my lips curled in anger. "Okay Cheryl, fine push me away" I snapped "it's what your best at" I continued before storming out the door, "it's not my fault that your a coward that runs away from his problems" she yelled back. My feet skidded to a halt, I turned to look at her "you just told me to leave" I said "I'm not talking about right now Marcus" she replied her voice dark.

I know exactly what she meant.

Anna's P.O.V