CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS

'Witness my truths and my lies'

I do not own any of Riverdale, only my characters

"Marcus Underwood is our fox in the henhouse" Alice Cooper smirked slicing up a piece of pie for Betty, myself and Marcus, turns out the Blossoms invited him to a dinner. Alice was more than excited.

"Tell us about Polly. How is she? Did she seem okay?" Betty asked, "the Blossoms are treating her great. But, Betty, I don't think she's coming back. I don't think she wants to" Marcus said.

"That doesn't make any sense, that's not Polly" Betty replied "she made her choice, we have to learn to live with that" Alice sighed licking some pie off her fingers and sitting down. "No, I know my sister. She wouldn't do that to us. Something else is going on" Betty said determined.

"What else did you see, Marcus? When you were in the sticky, red thick of it? Anything about the board?"

"Cheryl said that they're worried that after all the scandal with Jason and Polly, that they might try and steal the company from Mr. Blossom" Marcus replied.

"Well, do you hear that, Betty? This is our story. A hostile takeover. No wonder the trustees are in town. The Blossom empire is crumbling" Alice smirked, "okay, but, Mom, if you write a story attacking them while Polly's still in Thornhill-"

"-Enough about Polly" Alice interrupted "I mean it, she's the one who betrayed us. Not the other way around" I frowned at Alice, she was getting defensive. She wants Polly back, no doubt about it.

Betty, Jughead and I stormed over to Cheryl who was surrounded by Rivervixens, all of them grinning and giggling at Cheryl "Cheryl, can we have a word?" Betty asked. Cheryl let out a sigh standing up "scatter, my vixens" she said.

"Yes Betty? What is it?"

"Polly, look I don't know what kind of Stockholm syndrome spell you've cast on her, but I want to talk to my sister" Betty said a small snap in her voice "let's not fight, especially not when we should be celebrating" Cheryl smirked.

"Why? What happened?" Betty asked "haven't you heard? Dr. Patel just confirmed it this morning.
Polly is having twins" Cheryl grinned, I looked at Betty seeing a hurt expression in her face. "Bless our Blossom genes!" Cheryl cheered.

"And she didn't call to tell me" Betty said disappointed and hurt.

"Hostages aren't normally allowed to make outgoing calls" Jughead said lowly, I elbowed him softly "Juggie" I scolded.

"Can you please just give her a message for me?" Betty asked "as long as it doesn't upset her" Cheryl said, "tell her she should call our mom. She's trying really hard to hide it, but I can tell she's really, really hurt and upset" Betty said.

"I'll pass your message along" Cheryl replied "thank you" Betty sighed, "if I remember" Cheryl smirked. I glared darkly at her "Cheryl" Jughead said sternly "that was a joke you hobo" she snapped at Jughead, my nostrils flared at her and my glare became even darker.

"Of course I'll give her your message, Betty. But no promises that she'll care or respond" Cheryl said.
-----

"Betty, don't worry. Cheryl's not entirely heartless" I said, Betty had called me panicking about Cheryl not talking to Polly. If Cheryl didn't I'm going to rip her a new one, honestly.