CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE

'I'm not in the mood for anyone's bullshit'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

I took a glance at Cheryl, she stood in front of the mirror tears pooling in her eyes. She fiddled with her hair flicking it onto her shoulder, I saw her shoulders rise and fall slowly. I stood up pulling the sleeves down on my dress, I moved towards her and stood behind her my reflection in the mirror. "You okay?" I asked giving her a comforting smile "I'm fine" she said quietly, she slipped on her gloves before taking her lipstick and applying it. "Cheryl" I trailed off moving so I stood next to her, she made a hm sound in reply "you're aloud to say goodbye to your brother, Clifford and Penelope have no right in saying you can't" I said. She gave me a soft look before putting her lipstick back on her dresser, "I don't think I can" Cheryl whispered.
"Yes you can, I'll be in that room keeping Penelope and Clifford away. They're going to let you say goodbye whether they like it or not"

She gave me a small smirk, I grinned right back at her. My brows shot upwards, "it's time to show them that you don't bend to their will" I said walking towards her closet. I opened the doors my arm out reaching for the hanger, I pulled it out and held it out to her, her eyes widened at me. "No, Anna. Do you know what people will say?" She asked.
"Cheryl, screw what everyone thinks. This is your brother, your twin, if people have a problem with how this funeral is done than why are they here. Just pretend that it's just you in the room, that Jason is with you. Act like you're talking to him, tell him how you feel. But don't let those people downstairs ruin your goddam day"

Cheryl paused for a moment, everything was on in that moment. Cheryl's defiance, Jason's funeral, now is the time for Cheryl to finally get out from under her parents thumb.

Then she grinned and nodded.

Lillian's P.O.V

Both Marcus and I walked up to the Blossom house, I knew exactly what Penelope was going to do when I got to her. Blame Lena for Jason's death, classic Penelope. Accusing the wrong person for the wrong thing, she was always like that, even at school. It still surprises me how long I put up with her.

My black heels clicked against the pavement of Thornhill my eyes locked on the giant house in front of me, others gathered around me all dressed in black pretending to grieve for someone they didn't care about.

Then my eyes landed on Penelope, her orange hair pulled into a tight bun. Mine was hanging off my shoulders in small waves, the second she saw me her fake smile turned into a scowl.

"Penelope, I am so sorry about Jason" I said, I embraced her. Her grip was like death itself, tight and defiantly going to leave something behind.

"Don't think for a second that I believe your children are innocent" she hissed in my ear "none of them are"

I pulled away from her "if it wasn't for the fact that it's your sons funeral, I'd much enjoy slapping you senseless. Because unlike you, I don't care how I look to this town"

"You should, the rumours about you are astonishing" she smirked.

"So are yours" I shot back, she shut her mouth and Marcus and I proceeded to walk into the house. We walked into the room that held Jason's body, hidden behind the closed casket. That poor, poor boy. He deserved not only a better life, but a better family.