CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE

'Do you hear that? It's my heart breaking

I do not own any of Riverdale, only my characters

A part of me expected to wake up like every other day, and in a way, I did. But I remembered everything, how Clifford Blossom really killed Jason, and that he killed himself. Barrels of syrup at his feet filled with drugs. I wish-no I prayed things could go back to the way they were, but this is Riverdale, nothing is ever going to go back to normal.

I stood from my bed, practically throwing myself down the stairs and into the kitchen. Marcus stood at the coffee machine in his pyjamas, he turned around a large yawn coming from him as he held a fresh cup of coffee. I gave him a tired smile and snatched the cup from his palms "thanks big bro" I said taking long sip "hey! That was my coffee" Marcus whined, I waved him off and continued drinking my coffee with joy. I sat down at the table and looked outside the window, I felt contempt despite obvious circumstances. I peered back at Marcus as he waited for his new cup of coffee, he still seemed rigid and I then realised that he and I hadn't finished our conversation from yesterday.

"Hey, blondie" I called, he turned and looked to me, I patted the seat next to me and slowly he approached. "Yeah?" He questioned, I took a quick sip of my coffee "we didn't finish our conversation from yesterday" I said. His whole face went pale, his persona going weak "um, I'd rather not talk about it" I arched an eyebrow at him "Marcus, seriously you need to tell me what's going on. You've been acting weird ever since homecoming" I said.
His face turned dark and his teeth gritted, his fists curled and un-curled and I could see the anger behind his eyes. He moved closer to me and bent down his eyes squinting into glare "Anna, I don't want to talk about homecoming night. You got that" he growled despite that he was clearly getting pissed off. His emotions snapping like a twig. I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded "yeah, okay" he looked in my eyes, his dark and full of rage, that only made me more terrified.

"We're leaving in ten so be quick" he said leaning back and go back to the coffee machine, "I uh, I think I'm going to drive myself. I have to pick up Jughead" I lied, if he was in a mood again I don't want to be in the car with him. "Okay, I'll see you around school then" he said taking the full cup of coffee and walking back up to his room.

"You should have seen him Juggie, it was like he was someone else" I said as Jughead and I sat at pops, we had decided to skip the first half of school and hang out at pops, just so we didn't have to think about everything. "Are you alright?" He asked furrowing his brows with genuine concern reaching and grasping my hands, I smiled at him "yeah, I'm fine" I said leaning in as our lips connected. In pulled back slightly and cuddled into his side "why can't it always be like this" I whispered, Jughead chuckled his hand stroking my hair "because this is Riverdale, I wonder what's next for this town. A murderer?" He laughed, I giggled along with him. "Yeah right, Riverdale's very own Norman Bates" I smirked looking up into his bright eyes "as disturbing as it it, I'd like to see that" my smile widened at him.

"Only you would want that" I laughed snuggling into his jacket more "and only you would be entertained by it" Jughead added cupping my cheeks and kissing me again, our lips moved in perfect sync, butterflies fluttering in my stomach and my skin burning with electricity. I could stay like this forever, just Jughead and I, sitting in a booth two coffees between us and Jughead's usual of two burgers in front of him. We pulled away, a large smile on our faces "do just want to skip the rest of the day, I don't want to go back" I whispered our foreheads touching and our noses nuzzling. Jughead held my cheeks, his long fingers tracing my jawline, I pulled back and stole one of his fries tossing it in mouth chewing with a grin. He returned the smile and leaned back into his seat, for what seemed like hours we sat slumped at Pops, the fries and burgers keeping us amused as we simply just enjoyed each other's company.
We were woken from that simple dream when my phone made a ding sound, I frowned checking my phone seeing a message from Betty. She was absolutely seething about the jubilee, Riverdale high had refused to let Jughead stand on the stage with the others and that made my rage bubble up to a million.