Chapter 21 - Price paid

KIESHIA

last night was a complete mess! me and Daniel went home and started making plans on how we were going to get Danielle back. we even considered turning ourselves in. I'm surprised the police didn't even come to our house last night. I mean I Don't know how much trouble we could be in. they might think that we were the ones to kill that other officer when all of it was on chres. but he's dead now and it might be all on us.

I rose up from the couch that I had fallen asleep on.

"Babe." I groaned in a tired voice, stretching out my body.

He was laid out on the floor. Snoring.

I lightly kicked his leg and he slowly rose his head up. "did we get Danielle?" he said half sleep.

I sighed. "sadly. no."

He sat upright and rubbed his face. "damn."

"What are we going to do Daniel?"

"What time is it?"

I looked at my phone's digital clock. "2:55"

"Damn we was knocked our sleep." Daniel said.

"Well we were up until like 4 o'clock in the morning."

"Right, but-"

Just as Daniel was about to speak. someone started banging on the front door.

We both looked at the door and I gasped. "what if its the police?" I whispered.

Daniel hushed me. "shh!"

"KIESHIA! open the door please girl!"

Ok it wasn't the police

I sighed in relief and got up, walking over to the door and opening it.

There stood my best friend Britney with a worried look on her face. "girl! are you ok!?" she yelled, running in and throwing herself on me. "I thought the police had gotten you already!" she said out of breath.

I closed the door and she let me go. "how do you know about the police?" I asked.

"Girl! it was on the fucking news!"

I gasped. "what?!"

"Girl yes! you killed a police officer and ran away?! the fuck is wrong with you?!"

I frowned. "I didn't! chresanto did! I killed him and we ran off. we're really trying to get Danielle back and-"

"Wait, when did you see chresanto? and where's Danielle." Britney asked.

"I saw chres in Starbucks and he had Danielle because he broke in here some days ago and took her and rap-" I stopped my sentence, not wanting to tell her that he also had raped me. "its a long story Bre."  

"Well all I know is the police could burst in here any moment!"

Daniel got off the floor and walked over to us. "when exactly was this on the news?"

"Just a few minutes ago! that's why I drove over here as fast as I could!"

I sighed and rubbed my temple. "oh my gosh, we need to go."

"Your gonna run?" Britney gasped.

"I can't go to jail for nothing! I didn't do anything Britney! chresanto is the problem for all of this stuff.!"  I yelled. "he's always the fucking reason for every fucking thing! that's why I'm glad he's dead!"

Britney's eyes widened. "he's dead? how did he die?"

"I stabbed him in the temple."

"Wow! kiesh I didn't know you had it in you! how did-"