Chapter 23 - Why (FINAL)

5 days later.

BRITNEY.

"so I'm free to go now?"

The officer smiled and nodded. "just sign this line right here," he handed me a pen and pointed to a sheet of paper.

I quickly signed the sheet and clapped my hands, running to the exit.

"YEAH IM OUT THIS BITCH!" I yelled, pushing through the double doors.

I ran outside and jumped around.

"I can't see how them niggas can stay up in that junt. I couldn't even stand the 5 days I spent."

I saw a prison bus waiting on the curb. I guess they take us home?

I jogged over to the bus and went up the stairs. "does this bus take us home?"

The driver nodded. "yeah. your just now getting released right?"

I nodded. "yes."

"Yea. were to?"

"5584 Winchester ave."

The driver nodded and started the bus up.

I took a seat in the front.

I guess I was the only one getting released because this bus was bout empty as fuck.

I sighed and sat down.

I can't wait to see kieshia. I hope she's been doing ok. I know she's probably crying her eyes out over him. I'm basically the only person she has now.

*

*

*

The bus pulled up in front of kieshia's house. "Your stop ma'm." the driver said.

I quickly hoped up. "thanks!"

I jumped off of the bus and sprinted to the front door banging on it. "kieshia!"

I waited for a reply, but there wasn't one.

I banged again but harder. "KIESHIA! IM OUT!"

I waited for a brief moment but there was never a reply.

Maybe she was asleep?

I turned the door knob and pushed the door open slowly. "kiesh?"

I stepped in fully and looked around the living room. "kieshia you here girl?"

I went upstairs and a foul smell ran through my nostrils. "The fuck is that smell?!"

"Kieshia!" I called out, covering my nose.

I walked passed the bathroom.

The door was Parsley open, but the light was on.

I placed my hand on the door and pushed the door open and the smell got worse.

"Kieshia are you shitting or-"

What my eyes came in contact with made my stomach churn.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered covering my mouth. "KIESHIA!"

I ran into the bathroom and kneeled beside her on my knees.

She was laid out on the floor.

Blood was everywhere on the floor but most of it was dried up.

When did she do this to herself?!

I looked down at her hand and there was a pistol in between her fingers.

I slowly took the gun out of her cold hand and threw it at the bathroom wall.

"NOOOOO!" I yelled feeling tears fall down my face. "kieshia why!?"

Why did she kill herself!?

It wasn't worth it. I know Daniel died but she didn't have to do this.

Chresanto was officially dead and in the ground, and she didn't have to worry about him anymore, but she decided to commit suicide.

And there's no turning it around.

I just hate she died unhappy....

But it was all over.

She did say any place but on that's earth would be better, but heaven wasn't promised....

R.I.P keieshia. I will truly miss you girl.

I hate that you had to go through all if the things that you did all the way up until you chose suicide....

Your life was hard and painful struggle and I will forever remember you.