Chapter 2

*James Pov*

"I am Nakul!" Nakul said, nodding at both the girls when I reached near to him along with the girl still holding my hand with the cloth pressed to it.

"I am Maheshwari!" she said and immediately got cut off by the one holding his hand saying, "It's Maha! And I am Swathi but the people close to me call me Sweety."

"Hello! Thanks for this Sweety." Nakul said, taking his hand back, giving that girl a nod and I raised my eyebrow.

Sweety! Really? I thought and stopped myself from snorting before glancing at the girl Maha to see her frowning at him too.

"I am James!" I said, introducing myself and she nodded before removing her hand from mine.

"No thanks?" Maha asked and I shrugged to which she shook her head.

"We will go?" she asked, looking at this 'Sweety' who is just staring at Nakul and isn't looking away.

"Sure!" Sweety replied and smiled at him, but didn't give me a glance, making me roll my eyes in my head but continuing my blank face.

"Shall we go?" I asked Nakul and he nodded before we both started walking away while he was lost in his thoughts.

"What were the chances to meet your Dad's rival daughters?" I asked, staring the car but he stayed silent.

"Now, I am the rival." He replied and I glanced at him.

"Are you missing him?" I asked to which he shrugged.

"I just wish I was there when he passed away or that I spent more time with him." He replied looking out.

"It was not your mistake. Anyway, you are going to join the company today and take over everything." I said pointing out the main work.

"And become official rival of Sathish Guptha." He pointed out back.

"So? Anyway, it is in your hands to continue this rivalry or not." I said, shrugging and he nodded but again got lost in his thoughts.

"Weren't they weird?" I asked and he finally glanced at me when we reached his house.

"Weird?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"It's been so long since I got scolded." I replied and he laughed shaking his head.

"Now, go and get some sleep until I get ready for work. I know you were the one who took night duty yesterday." He said in a serious tone and I gave him a mock salute before walking to the outhouse.

It was supposed to be normal two room place but he made sure it is turned into a proper house when I wished to stay in this only after deciding to shift to India.

Why do I even need all this place? I thought shaking my head and laid on the bed before drifting off into sleep.

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Sorry, Di!" I said when she just drove tightening the grip on the wheel.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to take that name before me? Can't you just say your name is Maha?" she asked shouting.

"I can't introduce myself like that, right?" I asked back, to which she didn't reply.

"What about our shopping?" I asked when she stopped the car before the house.