Chapter 39

*Maheshwari Pov*

I took a sip from the coffee mug and closed my eyes, feeling an inch of relief which I know will wash away after finishing this and facing the future.

Why? I thought, frowning still not understanding his behavior. I would have thought he would question me or even show anger, maybe even hurt yesterday.

But all he did was tucking me in his arms and caressed my scalp while not giving me a chance to say anything. I still remember how many times I opened my mouth to talk to him.

However, each single time he could just hug me more tightly and make a sound to maintain silence. Why? I thought again and turned around opening my eyes before pouring the liquid in the basin.

"Coffee was not good?" I gasped and turned around to see him walking into the kitchen with a blank face which he held on to from yesterday.

"Do you want some?" I asked, suddenly feeling awkward and that was more painful than the confusion I had in my head.

"Sure!" saying that he looked around but not at me before leaving the room while I tried to hold myself in control.

I put the milk on the stove and heard Grandpa's voice along with James and Di's voices. I increased the quantity along with keeping water beside it for the other two men.

"Thanks!" that was the word of everyone except for Di who is looking at me with worry in her eyes and I tried to give her an assurance smile.

"Shall we start?" James suddenly asked and I immediately got the image of this appearing as a courtroom and I am a culprit.

"Maha! I... I just wanted to know that's all." He added looking at my face, making me realize all the thoughts must have got better of me making my face pale.

"Sit!" Nakul said with no hint of anger, but gave a hard look to James.

"I am curious and I have nothing else to think about." James mumbled, but gave me an apologetic glance which I know is very hard for him.

I sat down and opened my mouth, but heard a new set of footsteps and we all glanced towards the door to see Mom and Father walking through the door.

"I called them." Di replied to our questions that appeared in our heads.

"They deserve to know what happened to her and they are here to meet her." She added, giving a look filled with challenge daring anyone to say what she did was wrong.

"We have many things to discuss." James said, but sighed and she shook her head.

"In which they deserve to be here too." Her reply was the last conversation before I was pulled up and hugged by my Mom who is mumbling something and all regarding how her daughter got suffered.

"I am fine, Mom." I said, hugging her back with terror for the future than anything.

"He will suffer and know that he shouldn't have never hurt you." Those anger words from the Father made me glance up to see his face filled with anger and worry.

"I am fine!" I whispered and he glanced at me with surprise before nodding.

"Please you both sit down." Di said and added, "Now, don't disturb Maha when she is talking because you guys were not there to know everything."

That's all we seven people sat in the living room with Mom and Di on either side of me while Nakul and James on the main couch and Father along with Grandpa on either side of it while we are sitting opposite to main couch.

"I knew... I knew Dad died even when Maheshwari Aunty was fighting for her life. I knew that his body was taken over by the hospital and was being post-mortem while my Mom was sitting beside the Aunty's bed with a lost look. I knew how I held onto Di feeling scared. I knew, it was Nakul, who was behind the wheel when the accident happened after looking at the pictures that were sent." I said not looking at anyone except at the carpet.