Chapter 29

*James Pov*

I groaned hearing my phone ringing and opened my eyes to see the room is dark. Did I sleep for too long? I thought moving a little and sat up.

Looking at the person sitting on the chair beside the chair made me fist my hand. I can't believe I got fooled in this level.

Actually, it was my mistake to change the plans. Now, there will be no changes at all. Within four months, it will be a goodbye.

She slowly blinked her eyes when my phone started ringing again. I looked away, taking the mobile and lifted it with my good hand.

"What is it?" I asked when one of the team member's voice reached me.

"Mr. Singh is here." He replied and I sighed in relief.

"He is awake?" I asked and can see a slight moment beside me but I ignored it completely.

"The senior Mr. Singh is here." His reply make me sit straight in silence.

"Who informed him?" I asked him in a hard tone.

"We didn't do it, Sir. He has been in Mr. Singh's room for the past five minutes." He replied and I got down from the bed immediately but hissed feeling the right hand moving slightly.

"You stupid! Be careful with that." I immediately got the scoldings but ignored her.

"I will be there." Saying that I hung up and started walking towards the door, but felt my left hand held by her.

"You are not going anywhere." She demanded, making me turn around.

"I am going and you are in no position to demand anything of me." I said to which she closed her eyes.

"James! I was talking about past to my Dad. And..." I shook my head, stopping her from saying anything before turning away.

I just walked off and reached the place where Nakul is being kept like the doctor said. I nodded to my men and reached the door near where they are standing.

"Any shouts?" I asked them and they nodded, making me close my eyes.

"Why are you scared?" I heard her voice, but just walked into the room and she followed as usual.

Why is she behind me now? I thought, shaking my head, but all thoughts left looking at the scene before me.

There Maha and Nakul are kind of lost in each other with her leaning over him while Nakul's Grandpa is looking at the window with folded arms and irritated expression.

"Thank god you are here." He said realizing more presence in the room.

"You could have walked out of the room to not feel embarrassed." Swathi pointed out standing beside me.

"Now, what do you think of yourself, James? I want a reason for him to be here. Why did I tell you?" he asked, ignoring her and I sighed.

"To take care of him with my everything." I replied and he nodded.

"Then what is he doing here? Why didn't you do anything?" he shouted and before I can open my mouth, I was pushed back and Swathi stood before me.

"Excuse me! He didn't do anything? Feel blessed that this man was there for Nakul and protected his head otherwise the scene would have been something else." Swathi shouted and I placed my left hand on her shoulder wishing she would stop right now.

"And who are you to even say anything to James?" she asked ignoring me.

"I am the person who hired James's security company for my grandson." He replied and I glanced at Nakul to see still lost with Maha.