Chapter 3

*Swathi Pov*

"Where is Dad?" I asked returning from work to see Maha and Mom doing something near the dining area.

"He is in the study. Want to help with the preparation of sweets?" Mom asked, smiling and I stared at their hands to see them making Laddu's.

"Eww! My nails will get dirty." I replied, frowning and she nodded.

"Actually, the Laddu's will get dirty due to the nail polish." Maha pointed out not even looking up.

"What happened to you? Even in the morning you are talking like this." I asked folding my hands.

"It is the truth!" she mumbled and I stared at her frowning.

"I will take one." I said, moving my hand to eat it, but they both suddenly stared at me.

"Won't your stomach get dirty?" Maha asked and I narrowed my eyes at her before moving near her holding one sweet.

"Want to know?" I asked in anger tone and her eyes widened while she opened her mouth to say something.

However, I pushed the sweet inside her mouth before stepping back in satisfaction. She ate it and gave me a questioning look.

"I was asking for you only. You know that I hate sweets." I said, shrugging and she grinned.

"Shall I make sweets without sugar?" she asked and I twisted her ear.

"You got spoiled after you got the job. Anyway, it is a good thing because you should not let anyone walk over you." I adviced.

"Di! Do you know where I got the job?" she asked and was about to continue standing up as it seems their work is finished but I waved her off.

"Don't call me that and I don't care where it is." I replied and walked towards the study to get the work going.

"He called?" I asked the moment I step inside, but Dad showed his hand and seems like he is on a call.

"Yeah! I just need to talk to my daughter, Nakul." Dad said and I immediately sat on the chair opposite to his with interest.

"Sure! We will let you know soon, Nakul." Dad said and I smirked from my chair leaning back.

"That was your fiancé." He said hanging up and I laughed.

"So, what is my fiancé saying?" I asked and he smirked.

"Asking what is the date we are planning for the wedding." He replied and I let the satisfaction pass through me.

"Dad! I don't want any big wedding. It should be simple and it would be better if the people present are as less as possible." I stated and he nodded.

"When?" he asked and I glanced at the calendar.

"Within two weeks?" I asked and he gave a surprised look.

"That's too soon." He replied, but I shrugged.

"Look, we waited all these years. Why waste time now?" I asked, moving forward and he got lost in his thoughts.

"Isn't he too excited?" he asked and we both burst out laughing.

"He turned out to be like any other man. All I had to do was use a sweet voice with sweet words and give a few expressions here and there. Boom! He is in my hands." I replied, showing the fist to him.

"Maybe the company is the one that is driving him to this." Dad said and I waved him off.

"Maybe! But he will not get even an inch of it." I said and he nodded.