Chapter 30

*Nakul Pov*

"Hey!" I said when she slowly woke up from her sleep, which I know must be too uncomfortable.

"Good morning! Do you need anything?" she asked, sitting properly yawning before smiling at me.

"Yeah! You going home would be a start." I replied, to which she sighed shaking her head.

"Not again! I am not going anywhere." Saying that she walked into the washroom with her brush while I closed my eyes.

I wish I was not in that accident. Of course, everyone wishes the same, but I am not able to sleep unless some drugs are in my body. It feels like I am still in the car and too many questions in my head.

"How is the patient?" I heard a voice and glanced at the door to see James just stepping in.

"Don't ask! Anyway, how are you able to come and go as you wish when you are also in this accident and even got hurt?" I asked to which he laughed.

"Seriously? I was not the one who was operated. Mine is minor." He replied and glanced at Maheshwari when she walked out of the washroom.

She gave him a glare before walking near to me making me frown. Now, what happened? I gave her a questioning look, but she ignored it before helping me to drink some water.

"Can I have a word with you, Maha?" James asked, but she just stared at me.

"He needs me, James. You can have your word later." Her reply made him frown along with me and moved to leave the room.

"James! If Grandpa comes, then send him here immediately." I said to which he gave a nod and left the room.

"What was that?" I asked, to which she shook her head, but sat on the chair beside my bed.

"He thought Di is behind this accident along with my father. Grandpa said they are not, but he still doubts them. I can understand if he thinks like that about my Father, but how can he do that with my sister." She mumbled, closing her eyes and I slowly moved my hand and touched hers.

"Maybe there is some reason." I pointed out to which she frowned opening her eyes.

"I will listen to it later. What I know is she was worried for both of you yesterday morning and she was there beside me when I needed her." She said and I frowned to which she calmly explained what Mr. Sathish said to Sweety about his threats.

"Why suddenly he wished to harm us?" I asked her frowning to which she frowned back in confusion.

"I didn't ask her that, but he is not behind this and even Grandpa knows." She replied and I nodded smiling.

"You didn't take much time to stop using the formal name for him." Pointing it out I got myself comfortable but kept on staring at her.

"Nakul!" she whispered, shaking her head.

"We had a meeting today, right?" I asked her frowning.

"Don't worry about it. I called Manjula madam and told her about your accident. She is clearing your schedule for a few weeks and then you can work from home whenever you want to. But for two months you will not go to the office." She replied and I know I will not wait two months, but kept quiet loving the way she is ordering me.

"You will not get the leave though. I will allow one week and that's all. After that you have to go to work otherwise you will lose your job as per my wishes." I said to which she gasped.

"Why?" she asked with a confused look.

"Because I don't want you to get confined in this room with me. Just go to home and work and visit me in the middle when you get time." I replied but she shook her head.