Chapter 42

*Swathi Pov*

"What are you thinking?" I gave her a side glance, but continued to drive along with trying to control my thoughts.

"About Job!" she replied in a whisper and I frowned.

"Why? It is not like your first day." I pointed out and turned the car reaching near the company.

"It feels like that only. I don't know how to behave and what should I do regarding the middle door. And also what should I... should I use to address him." She continued and I didn't have any words to say hearing all that.

"Maha!" I mumbled, reaching the company and she got out, but I too not wishing for her to go inside without I say something to assure her.

"Look, you were not wrong in any of this and you need to keep some control or even change yourself. Just do what you wish to and keep yourself happy." I said and she gave a sad smile.

"I wish to go near him and not leave his hand at all, even though if he pushes me. That is not a bright thing to do, right?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Maybe not that!" I whispered and she nodded, but glanced over my shoulder only for a frown to appear on her face.

I turned around to see Nakul getting out of the car which is being driven by James. And it suddenly hit somewhere as if these are the only moments I will be seeing him. If not for me dropping Maha and he doing the same for Nakul then we may never even cross our paths.

"Why is he still dropping Nakul?" I asked her with impatience suddenly wishing he just stop doing that so that I can never see him and move on completely.

"Why would I know about Nakul?" she asked back and I frowned at her.

"Because he is your hus..." I stopped my words, seeing her pale face realizing my mistake too late.

"I can ask the same regarding James." She asked with an anger expression which is kind of the first strong emotion she is showing after three days.

"He is not!" I simply stated and she nodded.

"Same here!" she whispered and I glanced at her neck.

"It doesn't look like that." I said and she followed my glance before glancing at my neck repeating the words.

"It matches my dress." I said, shrugging and she shook her head.

"Fine! Let's hurt each other for something that already happened." She mumbled and took her purse from the car.

"Let's not do that." I said, holding the necklace and looked at each other before removing it at a time and placed it in our own bags.

"I will come to get you." Saying that I climbed into the car and had a feel of something choking my neck, which is silly because I am not wearing anything around my neck anymore.

I just drove off not even glancing at James car wishing I didn't have to see him this fast and why does he has to still drive Nakul around when his job is over.

"Guess what?" my assistant said the moment I entered the boutique making me frown.

"Now, what happened? I think I locked the doors yesterday properly only." I replied and continued to walk to my cabin.

"I don't know why you are working even on Saturday's and Sunday's, Madam. But the news is we got a contract and maybe your hard work is in need for this." She said forwarding the letter.

"Perfect! At least something is." I whispered and immediately started planning for this along with arranging the meetings.

I just hope Maha is doing fine and I know it must be harder for her to continue to work for him. I asked Dad to offer her to join our company itself, but she is adamant to continue the work she earned on her own.