Chapter 36

*Nakul Pov*

I couldn't help but feel relief inside staring at the ceiling while Maheshwari is already asleep in my arms. I thought this feel would never be near me again with only guilt inside.

But James made sure to remove it with evidence. I closed my eyes smiling thinking about the way I left to his office in between dinner not understanding his urgent call.

"James! What is this about?" I asked, reaching his room and saw another guy with him shaking James hand.

That guy nodded at me and left the room while James had this grin on his face before turning the system towards me and typed something making the picture of me driving the car fill the screen.

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked him frowning.

"Look closely, Nakul. There is someone in the car." He replied and I stared at the pic more closely to see he is right.

"Mom!" I whispered and I should have remembered her being in this accident too leading her death but this is too much.

"I forgot about her." I mumbled and glanced at James to see him nodding.

"Because all we could see was only you but..." he trailed off and I stared at the pic back.

"She is behind me and... and in the driver's seat." I finished and felt the relief start but saw me holding the steering too.

"Still, I am holding the steering wheel." I added and he clicked something else making the blur go off a little and zoom more.

"Along with someone else's hands." His comment made me stiff and stare at the picture in shock.

"She is holding it too." I whispered and sat down feeling lost, but kept on staring at it.

"The guy just helped me to zoom it, but with clearance. Now, do you understand?" he asked, but I frowned.

"I am still holding it." I pointed out, but felt him sitting beside me.

"Yes! But there could be many reasons than the one we are thinking. Your Mom must have lost control of the wheel and you are helping her or something wrong with your Mom. Or anything else but not just you being the reason for this accident." He explained and I closed my eyes, hearing his words before opening them, realizing he is right.

"You are right!" I said and glanced at him to see him nodding with satisfaction.

"But this must be somewhat a deliberate act of sending the pictures which would hide Mom completely." I added and he nodded again with a frown.

"Yes! If it was from the other side, then we could see her immediately. Why would someone wants to frame you like this?" he questioned and I shrugged not knowing what to say.

"We have to find this person then." I mumbled and he nodded before taking out the paper making me remember another thing.

"What happened to that driver's family who died in this?" I asked and he stiffened before shaking his head.

"Couldn't find anything about it." That's all he replied making me frown.

"It's Okay, James! We can't find everything we need and is they are somehow involved then we will know for sure." I said, realizing he must be feeling bad not getting the information.

"I think the kidnap and all the accident attempts occurred in states is also related to this only. So, we will start from there and I will ask the details which the officials noted to be sent here. We will start from the beginning and we need to crack this, Nakul." He said writing whatever he is saying.