Chapter Thirty One

Chloe's P.O.V

If someone had told me this man will ever be mine, I wouldn't have believed it. Here he is, in my room, on my bed.

I feel so safe, so right in his arms. It's like I have been waiting for this, for so long.

I look at him as he sleeps soundly. He looks so adorable even in his sleep and he smells nice. When did he wake up to bath? I didn't hear a thing. But it is clear he's freshened up.

I quickly close my eyes as I see him opening his slowly.

He chuckles before getting up. His hand massages mine. Then he starts tickling me. I can't hold it anymore.

I giggle as he continues to tickle me.

"You are bad at pretending. Why were you staring at me? Did you like what you were seeing? Did you like what you saw?"

"Hmm." I know I look so bad in the morning. But he's not complaining.

Thinking about what happened yesterday brings smiles on my face. And a little bit shyness.

"Hope your fridge is stuffed. What do you like to eat now?" He offers to cook this morning. Isn't he so sweet?

"Anything. Surprise me."

"Sure, hun."

He disappears into the kitchen while I do same to the bathroom.

****

"You cook well," I say with a smile.

"Yeah I do. I learned how to cook at a very young age. I think eight or nine."

"You are kidding me."

Which guy learns how to cook at a younger age as this? Not that he's...

"It's a family tradition. The men cook for their women so the earlier you learn the better..."

He smiles at me. His smiles hold guilt, pain and discontent. He has a distant look on his face, his lips twitching to one side and he brings out a deep sigh. It breaks my heart. He's still thinking about Jennifer. Not that I'm jealous. I have no right to be jealous. It just hurts to see him sad.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Me? Nothing. It's just something else."

"I know little about you. Not everything. Just the few things we inquire about the employees."

I smile at him. "What do you want to know?"

"Your likes and dislikes. What you love to do and...you know, those things."

I nod and he smiles.

"I don't really have things I dislike and like. Sometimes I say I hate this, only to love them later. It's as complicated as me."

"I see. As complicated as girls."

"Girls are not complicated. We just...just...just..."

"Just like to complicate things? What difference does it make?"

I wasn't about to say that. He all of a sudden becomes serious.

"Chloe."

He called me Chloe. Not so good. He stopped calling me that I think two days ago.

"Yesterday, I asked if you'll stay with me forever and you said yes. I want to know if you were serious. Were you? I need someone to be there for Mia...you are too young and I know it's selfish of me to force you into this..."