Chapter 2

"Mom! I'm home!" Henry yelled up the stairs. Emma ran down and hugged her son. Henry smiled up at her, slightly concerned.
"So how was your day?" Emma asked.
Henry replied, "It was very intimidating. High school is big and scary and there's a lot of work!" Emma looked at him, worried.
He laughed, "Joking!" Emma smiled and played at hitting him round the head.
"Go on." She said, "I have another shift at the station. Get yourself something to eat now and I'll make something when I get back." Henry smiled and Emma headed to her bug.
~~
Emma walked into the station to see the Mayor asleep in in the second prison cell.
She couldn't help but smile. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. Nothing like the wreck she was earlier. Out of nowhere, she sat bolt upright and began to scream. Emma jumped, grabbed the cell keys and threw the door open. She took the screaming woman's hand and talked to her gently.
"It's going to be okay. Please, everything is alright. What's wrong? Please calm down, it's all okay." Emma continued to comfort her, until all of sudden she jolted awake. Her breathing was quick and tears began rolling down her cheeks again. She looked up at Emma, who had her arm around her. Emma looked down at her, as she sighed and cuddled into the blonde.
"Sorry..." She managed. Emma smiled.
"That's okay. What happened?"
The Mayor looked up at Emma again.
"Night terrors." She whispered. The poor woman shivered even at the word. Then she sat up,
"Miss Swan, I'm so sorry about this morning. I shouldn't have said those things to you."
Emma smiled.
"Don't worry about it. And call me, Emma."
"Regina." The Mayor replied, before Emma cuddled her again and she drifted back off to sleep.
~~
"EMMA! WAKE UP!" David's voice woke Emma in a second. She was still with Regina in the cell.
"What the HELL do you think you're doing!?" Emma got up, waking Regina who also stood. Emma left the cell and locked Regina in, before turning to David.
"She was screaming. Having nightmares. I was just trying to help..."
David stared at her in disgust. He walked towards Regina's cell and in response, Regina backed herself up against the wall. David punched the bars of the cell with such force it made both Emma and Regina jump in fright.
"Stay... away... from my daughter. You... you theif... you disgusting, awful..."
"DAD!" Emma shouted interrupting his cursing.
"Stop." She said faintly but powerfully.
David looked at her, still in anger, "Go home, Emma. Now."