Chapter 4

Beep beep beep. Emma sat beside Regina's hospital bed listening to the steady pace of the heart monitor. The doctors had told her Regina was in a coma. For some reason she kept crying. She didn't know whether it was because David had done this, or because she didn't know how to tell Henry or because she was trying to push away the fact she really cared about her. For the millionth time Emma wiped away her tears. Then in an impulse she grabbed Regina's hand and kissed it.
"Please don't leave me," she begged, "I... I can't lose you. Not now. Please." Emma broke down again as she finally accepted her feelings for the woman lying before her. All of a sudden the heart monitor started beeping quickly and loudly. Three doctors ran in - two of them started to give Regina gas and air, as the other forced a screaming Emma out of the room. She watched from a distance as they tried to restart her heart. Nothing was working. They gave one final push on her chest before deciding it was too late. She was gone. The doctors left the room and apologised to Emma before allowing her to say her goodbyes. She walked in and stood over Regina, tears falling from her tired, red eyes.
" Tha..thank you for... taking care of Henry," she stammered, "Good...bye my love..." She stroked Regina's face lightly before bending down and gently kissing her lips. She couldn't let her go. She copied what the doctors had been doing and tried pushing on her chest. As if by magic the heart monitor started faintly bleeping. Emma ran and shouted for the doctor who managed to steady the pace of her heart rate. Emma sighed deeply, as she watched the brunette lay still, unable to awake, but breathing