Chapter 8

Swinging on her chair at the station, Emma was trying not to think about Regina and the fact that somehow she had to tell Henry everything. She thought back to when Regina had her arms around her and how good and right it felt, when suddenly she remembered she hadn't investigated or done anything about the vandalism towards Regina's car. She jumped up and grabbed her own car keys before walking swiftly out of the station. She bumped into Graham on the way and nodded to him, as she climbed into the bug.
~~
Emma paced around outside her parents apartment, before knocking on the front door. The friendly face of her mother appeared and smiled at her.
"Emma! How are you? Come in!" Emma gave a weak smile and stepped inside.
"Do you want some tea?" Mary Margaret asked happily.
"Uhh yeah." Emma replied, "I'm here as deputy today though." Mary Margaret turned around looking worried. Emma started to explain about Regina and how her car had been damaged and how she had to come here to talk to David. Mary Margaret fell into a seat silently.
"It wasn't him." She whispered, almost as if she were convincing herself.
"Can I talk to him?" Emma asked.
"No. It wasn't him. I haven't let him anywhere near Regina. Please trust me on this." Mary Margaret said. Emma nodded. She trusted her mother and had to hope she wasn't just trying to protect David.
"Okay, well if you hear anything or think of anything just let me know. And um... thanks for the tea." Emma said, putting her still half-full mug in the sink. Mary Margaret didn't move or say anything. In fact she looked as though she were deep in thought. Emma turned to leave awkwardly, unsure what else to say.
"Emma. Isn't there CCTV at Regina's office?" Mary Margaret said suddenly, frightening her daughter. After thinking it over Emma lit up and ran to hug her mum.
"Yes! You're a genius!" Emma laughed before running out the door.
~~
Emma knocked on the door to Regina's office.
"Come in!" Regina smiled from ear to ear when she saw who it was.
"Emma?" She asked surprised, but the blonde just kissed her deeply in response. There was the most amazing connection between them. It was as though they were made for eachother.
"Any special reason for this visit?" Regina asked, smiling.
"Do I need a special reason?" She asked before kissing her again.
~~
"I just have to rewind it back to last night. What time were you there until?" Emma looked up at Regina, who was bent over her shoulder, looking at the screen.
"Around 11 'o' clock." Regina admitted.
"ELEVEN! What were you doing?!" Emma asked, slightly shocked.
"Working," Regina said, "But I drove home. I don't know how my car got back to the office. Lets rewind the tape." Emma did as she was told. They both gasped as they saw clearly who it was. Emma looked up at Regina, who had tears in her eyes.
"Me..." she whispered, "It was me."