Chapter 19

It had been two weeks and Emma visited Regina everyday. Her cell was labelled now and every time Emma saw her name printed beside the door she felt so angry; she just wanted to rip it down. Also she wasn't allowed in the cell anymore. So everyday she just went and peered inside, watching her girlfriend fade away from a distance. And today was no different. She walked through the door and acknowledged Tink with a nod and a small smile as she passed. She turned to the corridor and was surprised to see a young, brunette looking through one of the shutters. Emma announced herself with the sound of her footsteps. The woman turned to face her and smiled.
"Hello!" She said in a friendly voice.
"Hey." Emma replied, slightly unaware of what was going on.
"Are you okay?" She asked. Emma tilted her head.
"Can you ever be okay seeing your loved ones like this?" The brunette nodded, understanding.
"I'm Belle by the way." She said, sticking her arm out to shake hands.
"Emma Swan." Emma took her hand and shook it briefly. Belle noticed she wanted to get away.
"Anyway. I have to go. I guess I'll see you around, Emma." Belle smiled and Emma nodded and smiled back. She watched Belle walk away and then looked at the name on the door she was standing by. 'Moe French' it read. Emma sighed. She didn't recognise the name, but felt a shiver go down her spine. She ignored it and continued on towards Regina's cell. She opened the shutter and looked inside. There she was. As usual she was sat on the bed with her head resting back against the wall. Emma didn't cry when she saw her anymore. She did everyday for the first week and a half, but then she just seemed to run out of tears. She always insisted on coming alone as well. Henry had wanted to come at one point, but Emma knew it would only do him damage. Looking at Regina today, though Emma noticed she was asleep, which wasn't a regular occurance. Emma started to worry. What if she had a night terror? What if she did and all Emma could do was stand and watch? Emma sighed and looked at Regina, wishing this was all a nightmare. She couldn't stand it anymore. She marched down the corridor and demanded the key from Tink. The blonde adjusted her high top bun, sighed and shook her head.
"You know I can't let you in there." Emma sighed with impatience.
"I know. But she is sleeping. She won't even know I'm there." Tink looked at her for a while, before she finally gave Emma the key.
"Don't wake her up, or else..."
"What?" Emma laughed slightly, "What are you going to do to me that'll make my life any worse than it is?" Tink just stared at her and Emma nodded slightly before going and unlocking Regina's cell door. She walked quietly into the dreary room and sat down slowly beside her sleeping beauty. Only Regina didn't look well. She hadn't eaten much for a while or slept for a while so her face was pale as a sheet. Her hair was matted, greasy and all over the place but Emma couldn't help but notice that she was still gorgeous. She silently cried and put her head lightly on her shoulder. Regina's eyes began to flicker open, so Emma jumped up ready to go. Then she heard something.
"Em...Em..." She turned around to see Regina still asleep, but calling her name. She was unsure what to do, but Regina suddenly jolted awake. She looked up at Emma and started crying into her hands. Then to Emma's surprise Regina stood up and pulled Emma into a hug. She hugged back of course, but wasn't sure what else to do.
"I miss you. I love you. I'm sorry." Regina gabbled before pushing Emma out of her cell and closed the door. Emma stood behind it shell-shocked. What just happened?