Chapter 17

Mary Margaret picked up the phone, to find a very distressed Emma on the end of the line.
"MOM! You have to help! Regina has gone! She tried to hurt me, during a night terror and now she's run away!"
"Slow down, slow down! Breath Emma! Talk slowly... Now where are you? Regina's? Okay. I'm on my way there."
Emma threw her phone on the ground in anger and distress. She heard it smash, but she didn't care. She had to find Regina.
~~
Mary Margaret ran up to Emma with David in tow.
"What's going on? Is there anywhere you think she would go?" David asked as Emma tried to speak.
"I think she's going to the hospital." Emma said trying to pull her mother in that direction. Mary Margaret looked at her daughter in confusion.
"The hospital? Why the hospital?" She asked. Emma gulped.
"She wants to be locked away in a psychiatric ward. She said 'They have cells for people like me!'" Emma said, beginning to panic.
"Oh, God." Mary Margaret whispered. She jumped into Emma's bug and the others followed. They drove as quickly as possible to the hospital. Emma ran inside with her parents close behind her.
"PSYCHIATRIC WARD?" She shouted at a passing doctor. The poor man looked terrified and pointed down the corridor, where in a secluded corner an unlabelled door led to the ward. Emma sprinted down the corridor but the door was locked. She pressed the buzzer repeatedly, until finally someone let them in. She ran up to what looked like a makeshift reception desk. It was all so grim. She shuddered at the thought of Regina being here.
"The Mayor? Have you seen the Mayor recently?" Emma asked, still panting. The receptionist tried not to look guilty and shook her head. Emma was fed up of games. She slammed her hands on the desk.
"WHERE'S REGINA!?" She screamed. Mary Margaret pulled her back.
"Breath, Emma. Just calm down." Emma sent a glare in her direction, before letting her eyes fall back on the terrified receptionist.
"She doesn't want visitors..." The girl tried, but Emma gave her such a stare that she stood up and began to walk down the dimly lit corridor, behind her. She indicated for the party to follow and tentatively they did. They passed a few labelled cells. 'Sydney Glass'. 'Albert Spencer'. 'Moe French'. Finally the girl stopped at a smaller cell. It hadn't been labelled yet. The girl opened the shutter, so that they could look inside, then she walked away. Emma took a deep breath and moved closer to the door. She looked through the glass to see poor Regina sitting on the floor, her back against the 'bed' with a bucket beside her. She'd obviously been sick again. Her head looked heavy in her hands and her hair was a mess. Emma wasn't sure how to react, though without her realising it, a single tear had already slipped down her cheek and her mouth hung open in shock. Mary Margaret rubbed her back as if to comfort her. She couldn't drag her eyes away from Regina. After a while Regina finally lifted her head slightly. She was so pale and her eyes were bloodshot. It was a terrifying sight, but Emma just couldn't turn away. Then Regina's eyes flickered towards the door. Regina saw her watching.