Chapter 15

"Mom!" Henry ran into the room wide-eyed at the sight of Regina sitting upright and awake in bed.
"Henry!" Regina smiled and hugged him tightly. Emma was sat next to the bed and she smiled, putting her hand on Regina's, as her arms were wrapped around Henry. The brunette smiled back at her. The hug broke and just as it did, Mary Margaret walked in. But she wasn't alone. David was holding her hand.
"Emma!" He cried before running to her and holding her tight.
"Dad! Oh, Dad." Emma laughed, "Where were you? What happened?"
"James tied him up in the old mines out in the woods." Mary Margaret answered for him. Emma looked concerned, but David assured her that he was fine and just happy to be home. Then he turned himself towards Regina, who immediately backed away. Emma took her hand.
"It's okay. James hurt you. Not David." Regina swallowed the lump in her throat.
"I'm so sorry, Regina. For what my brother did. I can't imagine what it must have been like." He apologised wholeheartedly. Regina curved her mouth into a small smile.
"I'll survive. I have everything I need now." She said looking at Emma and then Henry. "I have a family, all thanks to your brother so I don't care what he did. Not anymore."
David smiled and nodded, tearing up slightly. Emma slid up to sit beside Regina on the bed. She put her arm around her and Regina cuddled in and smiled up at her. Emma then looked at David again.
"What happened to James?" She asked quizzingly. David looked down and shook his head.
"He's in one of our cells now, but he's being taken to a larger prison in Boston to serve his time." Hearing this both Regina and Emma sighed in relief. They looked at eachother lovingly. Everything was going to be okay.
~~
"It's good to be home!" Regina took a deep breath as she walked through her front door. She turned and looked at Emma who was watching her lovingly.
"I love you." Emma said sweetly. Regina shook her head smiling.
"You don't have to remind me every second of the day you know," she pulled Emma towards her, "But if it helps, I do love you too. So much." Emma blushed a little, before kissing Regina softly.
"I do love you more than anything though. And I just have to say it because every time I look at you... I feel complete." Regina looked at Emma, tears welling up in her eyes, and kissed her again, deeply.
"Oh, Emma. You are everything to me." Regina whispered, as she pulled away. Then she giggled before pulling Emma into the kitchen, which was lit with candles and fairy lights. The blondes jaw dropped in surprise.
"How did you..." Regina giggled again.
"I may have had some help." She smiled. Emma looked at her, as if waiting for an explanation.
"Okay, okay," Regina said, "I wanted to thank you for being there for me in the hospital and forgiving me, so I planned this and your parents set it up for me. Besides we've never really had a real date!" Emma shook her head, laughing.
"There's no need to thank me, Gina. But I love it." She smiled and kissed her again. Then Regina led her to her seat and sat her down, before opening a bottle of wine and sitting down opposite her. She poured two glasses and held one of them up. Emma took the other and did the same.
"To us." Regina smiled, "And all the fun we'll have tonight!" Emma giggled.
"To us!"