Chapter 25

Regina paced up and down as Emma rang Lily's mobile for the third time. She heard the the call go to voicemail. Emma put the phone on the dining room table and tried to reassure Regina.
"I'm sure she's fine, Gina. I mean what's the worst that could have happened?" Regina stopped pacing and leaned against the table. She bit her lip, which made Emma moan very slightly. The blonde loved it when she did that. Regina noticed her staring and slapped her lightly on the arm.
"This is a serious matter!" Regina said in her 'listen to me I'm the Mayor' voice. Emma laughed.
"Well stop biting your lip. You know it turns me on." Regina looked at her critically and Emma shrugged, still giggling. They heard the front door open and both lifted their heads. To their disappointment it was only Zelena. She shook her head, as she wandered into the dining room.
"No sign of her anywhere. She hasn't given her key back to Ruby though, so hopefully she'll head back there." They both nodded. It wasn't much to go on.
"I've asked Ruby to ring me if she shows up at Grannys," Zelena added, "Who is Graham by the way?" Emma looked up at the name.
"He works at the station. Why?" Zelena looked at her in disgust.
"Ruby's pregnant with his baby. She was so delighted that as soon as she saw me she had to spill the news." Emma stared at her, gawping in shock. Regina did too, but she wasn't nearly as surprised as her girlfriend.
"She hasn't told me..." Emma said.
"Well she did only find out, babe. She might need to tell Graham first." Regina pointed out. Emma nodded but still felt hurt. She was also really confused. Ruby wasn't straight. And she was fairly sure she wasn't bisexual.
"So she was happy?" Emma asked again. Zelena nodded and looked at her as though she were stupid.
"Of course she was." Emma nodded slowly to herself trying to peice together the puzzle. What the hell was happening? Nothing in their lives seemed to fit anymore. First Regina came along. Then James, then Regina had her malfunction, then Zelena showed up out of the blue, then Lily disappeared and now Ruby is happily pregnant. Emma couldn't work it out. She looked from Zelena to Regina and back again.
"Did you two grow up together?" She asked quietly. Regina sighed and Zelena turned away.
"No we didn't. Our mother gave Zelena up, because it was a teenage pregnancy. When I was younger I found out I had a sister and managed to track her down. We were only teenagers though and neither of us fully accepted eachother. We lost touch when I came to Storybrooke." Regina walked over to Zelena and placed a caring hand on her shoulder. Zelena just silently nodded. Regina turned back to Emma.
"The wounds still dig pretty deep. For both of us." She whispered. Emma nodded again. She felt like a detective having to figure all of this out. Suddenly there was ring on the doorbell. All three of them jumped, before staring at one another and running to the door. Emma opened it slowly. Standing in front of them was Regina's secretary Mal in tears. Regina moved in front of Emma and hugged her assistant.
"Mal? What's wrong?" She asked, bewildered.
"It's Lily. Your doctor. She's my daughter." They all looked at eachother in confusion.
"Isn't that a good thing. You found your daughter!" Zelena said.
Mal shook her head, holding back tears.
"Dead. I found her dead on my porch!" She broke down falling to her knees. Regina cuddled her close. Emma looked at Zelena in utter shock and fear.
"She was murdered. Lily was killed." Mal whispered.
"How do you know?" Regina asked gently.
"There was a note in her hand. It said: You did this you evil bitch. You deserve to cry. You cursed yourself you evil witch. Now your loved ones all will die."