Chapter 28

Three months later and the family were beginning to fall into a little routine. Finally things were settling down and Regina was definitely enjoying the relaxed environment. Every morning the alarm would go off, Regina would shower and Emma would go and wake Henry. Then Emma would make breakfast, before she showered. Henry would get ready for school, Regina would finish the food and then they'd have a family breakfast. Henry then got a lift to school with Emma, like they always used to, and she would continue on to the station, while Regina would drive to her office, to be greeted by her new secretary, Anna. She was lovely, but she couldn't half talk! Regina often spent her lunch breaks, catching up on all the Storybrooke gossip with Anna! And today was no different! Regina was sat opposite the ginger haired girl, who was busy telling her about a break in at Mr Gold's pawn shop. Regina was nodding along, but her mind was elsewhere. She was thinking about Emma and Henry and everything they'd been through. She couldn't understand how or why Emma had stuck around for her. Well, I guess that's love, but how did she know? How did Emma know that when she was going mad in that cell that she could pull her back and show her enough love to make her happy again? What would she have done if...
"Madame Mayor? Regina!?" Anna snapped her fingers in front of the brunettes face and she looked up immediately.
"Umm...what? Yes?" She asked in a daze. Anna smiled, giggling a little.
"You weren't listening to a word I just said, were you?" Regina sighed and shook her head.
"I'm sorry, Anna. I just... I... Oh never mind!" Regina brushed it off and allowed Anna to continue talking. She was just about to proceed when there was a light knock on the door.
"Come in!" Regina chirped. The door opened and there was Emma. She smiled at Regina and nodded kindly at Anna, who jumped up and left the room to give them some privacy. Once she'd gone, Emma sat down opposite Regina and kissed her lips.
"For what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" Regina smiled, as she pulled away. Emma beamed at her and answered.
"Well, I have got some news for you." Regina's face fell. All the news she'd been given over the past few... well years really had ruined her life or put it on hold. She took a deep breath and prepared herself. Emma grabbed her hand, noticing the worried expression on her girlfriends face.
"Hey, it's okay. It isn't bad news. I came here today, because I have found all the good news I could manage! I wanted to surprise you!" Emma smiled. Regina's head lifted and she kissed Emma.
"That's so sweet." She giggled a little. Emma smiled again.
"Well first off I caught the theif who robbed Gold's shop." She stated proudly. Regina congratulated her and allowed her to continue.
"Also, I spoke to Ruby, who told me that she is actually bisexual. I was a little surprised, but she said she's really happy with Graham and they are looking for a bigger house to raise the baby in." Regina beamed.
"Emma, thats great!" The blonde nodded and went on.
"I ran into Belle, at Gold's shop. You know Belle right? Belle Gold?" Regina nodded, "Well, she invited you and me on a girls night out Saturday night with some friends and Gold offered to look after Henry. He gets on really well with their son, Gideon, so I thought it would be okay and I said yes!" Regina smiled and nodded in joy.
"I would love to!" She added. Emma beamed and hugged her.
"And one last thing! Zelena found herself a place on the edge of town. She called me, this morning, because she thought you'd be too busy here." Regina clapped her hands together.
"She's staying! That's amazing! Thank you! Thank you for telling me!" Regina pulled Emma towards her and their lips entwined.
"I love you so, so much." Regina sighed. Emma smiled and looked into her dreamy brown eyes.
"I love you more."
~~
Henry jumped onto the sofa, between his mom's and grabbed the TV remote. He pressed play and the movie, 'The Wizard of Oz' began. He started stuffing the sweet and salty popcorn, he had in a bowl on his knee into his mouth, as did Emma. Regina was slightly more delicate and only got a little at a time. She giggled as she watched them shove it in their mouths and drop it everywhere. She shook her head lightly and turned back to the TV. This was her favourite movie. She loved the music and the characters and the interesting storyline. It was also the movie she watched with Zelena, shortly after they first met so it brought back fond memories. A couple of hours later and the credits were rolling. Regina looked over to see Henry and Emma asleep on eachother. She smiled at them lovingly, before grabbing the empty popcorn bowl, that was wedged between them and heading to the kitchen. She ran the tap and washed the bowl. Just as she was going to put it away she felt Emma's hands land on her hips. The blonde spun her around and pulled her in closer. Emma smiled, moving Reginas brown hair, gently out of her face. Then she cupped her cheek and kissed her passionately. Regina smiled as she pulled away.
"Is Henry still asleep?" She asked quietly. Emma nodded and kissed her again. Those lips were irresistable...
"Should we take him upstairs?" Regina said. Emma thought about for a second, before shaking her head.
"But I could take you upstairs." She giggled and lifted Regina into her arms, princess style. The brunette laughed and wrapped her arms around Emma, as she walked them both upstairs. Emma looked into her brown eyes and felt something she'd never felt before. She was the one. Regina Mills was the one.