Chapter 18

Regina didn't even flinch. She just stared at Emma. More tears began to fall and the blonde gently placed her hand on the glass. Regina shook her head weakly and put it back into her hands, resting her elbows on her knees. Mary Margaret touched Emma's arm, frightening her.
"What's happening? Has she seen you?" Emma nodded slowly.
"And?" David asked. Emma then shook her head and walked back to where the receptionist was sitting.
"How long has she been here?"
"Only twenty minutes or so. She ran in screaming and forced me to lock her up. After five minutes I went back in and asked her what was going on. She just shook her head at me and told me to give her cell a name plaque." The receptionist tried to hide a smug smile, but Emma wasn't fooled.
"What's your name?" Emma said sternly.
"Rose. But everyone calls me Tink." All of them looked at her in a puzzled manner.
"My best friend, Jasmine started it a while back, because she thought I looked like the fairy." Tink explained. They all reasoned with it to themselves, before speaking again.
"Why don't you like Regina?" Emma asked. Tink tried to look all innocent and confused, but Emma wasn't buying it.
"I know you don't like her. WHY?" She screamed. David put his hands on her shoulders.
"Just calm down, Emma." The blonde shrugged him off and glared at Tink, who sighed.
"Fine! You got me! I'm not a huge fan of Madame Mayor over there!" Emma hardened her stare, but Tink didn't seem to notice.
"She ruined me in high school. I wasn't popular and she was the ring leader of the 'Hot Pinks' as we called them. I was made a target. They bullied me for two years. Then one day she came and apologised for everything, because she wanted a favour. She wanted this guys number and he was my friend. I said I'd get it for her if she promised never to hurt me or humiliate me again. She agreed. I got her Robin's number and then the next day she goes and takes a chunk out of my arm for a dare in science. She just took the scissors and tried to cut my arm in half! Everyone thought I was self-harming and I had to have counselling! So, yeah, I hate the bitch!" Emma grabbed Tink by her hair and pulled her upwards in anger.
"Don't you say that about my girlfriend you..."
"EMMA!" Mary Margaret shouted and Emma let go. "You have to calm down. I know you're upset, but there is no need to be violent." Emma nodded slightly towards her mother.
"Just give me the keys to the cell." She mumbled. Tink wasn't going to argue this time. She didn't think it was worth it, so she handed Emma the key and she and her parents walked back down the dark hall. Then Emma turned around and looked at her parents.
"I think I should go in alone."
"She tried to kill you!" David protested, but Mary Margaret held him back. Emma smiled slightly and went to the door. She put the key in the lock and turned it slowly. Then she took a deep breath, walked in and closed the door behind her. Regina looked up wearily and jumped up in fright. She put her hands up in front of her and backed away from Emma.
"No. No. You have to stay away." Emma shook her head.
"Regina. Nothing on earth is going to keep me away. I love you. And we can get you help. It doesn't have to be like this." Emma tried to reach for her hand, but Regina wouldn't let her.
"Emma please. Just go. Forget about me and live your life. I'm where I belong now." Emma couldn't actually believe what she was hearing. She didn't know what to do.
"Please, Regina. I know you're afraid. But I'm not leaving you now. Not after everything we've been through!" Regina collapsed onto the poor excuse of a bed. She was so weak, upset and tired and it was all taking its toll on her body. Emma rushed to her side and held her close, but Regina pushed her away. Emma looked at her, completely crushed.
"I'm begging you... don't do this." She pleaded, but Regina just shook her head.
"It's for the best, Emma. I hurt you. I killed your grandfather. I'm a monster. And monsters deserve either to be killed or locked in a cage." At this Emma cried out in terror,
"NO!" This caused her parents to rush in. They took one look at Regina and then Emma and attempted to lead their daughter out of the cell. However Emma shouted and cried and they had to drag her kicking and screaming. David slammed the door shut and locked it once they were out. Emma broke down, falling to the floor. Regina was gone. Gone.