Chapter 6

There was tension in the house since the mention of Regina. Henry refused to talk anymore about it and Emma thought it best to stop asking. It had been two days since she'd seen the Mayor and two days since their kiss. It was just a silly kiss. Probably meant nothing. Emma tried to convince herself she was straight, but the more she tried the more realisation hit. She wasn't straight.
~~
She sat in her chair in the station, staring at David's empty seat; he hadn't been into work for days. Nobody knew what he'd done, other than Emma, Regina and Mary Margaret, but he still wouldn't show his face. Emma sighed, knowing that she saw something in her father that night that wasn't just anger about herself, but more anger towards Regina. She felt like there was history here that she wasn't aware of. Her thoughts however were rudely interrupted by the phone ringing. She sat up and took the call.
"Hello, Sheriff's Station, Miss Swan speaking. How can I help?"
"Emma? Hi." Emma took a deep breath as she recognised the voice. Regina.
"Hi! Regina, how are you?" She tried to play it cool, though deep down she was freaking out.
"I'm not too bad, Miss Swan. I just wanted to report something. Umm... damage done to my car. Um... someone did something to my car." She stuttered, trying to sound professional. Emma tried not to be pleased by the fact she sounded nervous.
"I'll be over in a second to have a look, Mayor Mills." Emma giggled and grabbed her keys, before locking up.
~~
"Emma!" Regina called out to her. Emma smiled and got out of her car. Regina was stood outside of her office, beside Mal.
"So what's the problem?" She asked. Regina nodded her head towards her black car. The deputy marched over to it and gasped in shock. All of the windows had been smashed; a brick was lying amongst the glass on one of the front seats; and along the side, written in bright red spray paint it read: Filthy Puff. On both sides. A tear slipped from Emma's hurt eyes. This couldn't have been David. Could it? The blonde stood, not sure how to react. Suddenly she felt Regina's arms curl around her waist. It made her tense at first, but then she relaxed. She lay her head back against the Mayors shoulder and sighed. This was mad. All of it. But some of it was wonderful too. Mad and wonderful. Her train of thought was lost as she heard a thud on the pavement. She looked over to the other side of the road to see Henry staring, his bag by his feet. She could see he was unsure what to do, but as Regina let go of Emma, he made up his mind and ran. Regina put her hands over her face crying. Emma touched her arm lightly as if to apologise before running after her son.

Authors note: Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for reading this far! And please do not take offence or anything at what was written on Regina's car. I completely support lgbt people! Please leave a comment and vote! It would mean the world to me 😘