Chapter 13

Mary Margaret banged on the door to 'David's' room. He'd run off to Grannys after their fight and was, according to Ruby, still in his room. He hadn't left. Mary Margaret continued to knock on the door. She looked at Regina, defeated and overwhelmed. Regina felt sorry for her. She'd been through a lot and wanted her husband back. Suddenly the door came swinging open and there was David's twin smiling broadly.
"Mary Margaret! I missed you so much!" He faked, before going in for a hug. She pushed him away and barged into the room.
"What have you done with David? I know you're his brother! WHERE IS HE?" Mary Margaret lunged at the imposter who jumped back. Regina grabbed the crying woman and held her back. She tried to calm her down, but Mary Margaret was too emotional. She fell to her knees, with her head in her hands.
"You got me." David's brother said laughing, "I'm James, David's twin brother. And I'm here for revenge." He turned his glare towards Regina, who backed away slightly.
"You killed my father! And David did nothing! He didn't even arrest you! You deserve to die!" As he shouted as he pulled out and held up a gun. Mary Margaret jumped up and stood between the gun and Regina.
"Where's David?" She repeated solemnly.
"I'll tell you and we can release my brother together. But after she's dead." He snarled, gesturing to Regina. At this Mary Margaret shook her head.
"I won't let you hurt her. She's family." Regina let out at cry of happiness and surprise, causing Mary Margaret to face her.
"Family?" She whispered.
"Regina, Emma loves you. That makes you family." They both smiled at eachother, but were interrupted by the sound of a gun shot. It went straight through the ceiling. James laughed as Mary Margaret and Regina jumped in fright. Ruby ran through the door, but James shook his head and she backed away again.
"I believe you've forgotten I have a gun. Now sit down back to back and don't move. I'm going to tie you up." They did as they were told and he grabbed a rope. He smiled as he tied them together and tied ropes around the women's mouths.
"Now you'd better stay here. And stay quiet. Not that you have a choice!" James snickered. He opened the door to leave, but then turned back around. He lifted the gun quickly and pulled the trigger. Regina let out a cry of pain, to which Mary Margaret tried to scream. James ran out and locked the door. Regina slumped to the side, pulling Mary Margaret down with her.
Mary Margaret nudged her the best she could, but there was no response.
~~
Emma ran up the stairs towards the rooms at Grannys.
"Emma!" She heard a cry and turned around. Ruby was stood on the stairs behind her.
"Ruby! Are you okay?" Emma asked, concerned.
"Emma. I don't know what you're going to find in that room. I heard another gunshot and I... both Regina and your mother... I think they are still in there."
Emma took a deep breath, before continuing up the stairs. She stood outside the door, that Ruby pointed to.
"Regina! Mom! Hello?" She shouted, banging on the door. She got no reply and began to panic. She tried to open the door, but it was locked.
"Stand back!" She yelled, before forcefully kicking the door and barging in. The sight she saw caused her to scream in terror. Her mother was facing her, her eyes wide.  Behind her was a pool of blood and Regina's limp body. Emma cried out and ran to her. She pulled the gag off her mouth and begged her to wake up. She untied Regina and Mary Margaret, and as she did her mother ran to her side and held her tightly. Emma was taking off Regina's jacket to reveal the gun wound in her side.
"I'll call an ambulance." Mary Margaret said before running to the door where Ruby was standing. She pulled Ruby away with her, leaving Emma with Regina. Emma bent down and kissed her lips.
"Don't leave me..." She wept and held Regina close to her.
"Please..."

Lost and Found: A SwanQueen Story जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें