Chapter 27

Regina left the police station with a smile on her face. She turned to Emma, who was holding her hand and cherished the look of love and happiness in her eyes. Then she looked to Zelena who held her other hand and nodded lightly. Henry held Emma's hand and they all marched down the street like a dream team, upon victory! Well they were victorious! Regina was proved innocent and didn't have to be locked up and Henry found out that he could move in with her and Emma. It was a happy day considering the circumstances. Although there was one person they had to leave behind. Mal was the number one suspect of her daughter's murder, but Regina was determined to prove her innocent, as well.
~~
"Goodnight, sweetheart." Regina smiled as she stroked Henry's cheek. He pulled the covers up to his chin and smiled back.
"I love you." He said and Regina cuddled him tightly.
"I love you too!" She turned off the light, crept out of the room and closed the door quietly.
"I love you too." She turned to see Emma standing beside her and kissed her warmly.
"I love you more than anything." Regina whispered between kisses. Emma smiled and led her to the bedroom where she pushed Regina playfully on their bed. Their bed. Emma loved how that sounded. She lay down beside her beautiful girlfriend and kissed her meaningfully. Regina slid her hand around the back of Emma's neck and pulled her closer. They both gasped for air and giggled at eachother, as they did it so dramatically. Regina stopped and stared at Emma for a while, just taking her in.
"What?" Emma asked smiling. Regina placed a hand on Emma's cheek and smiled up at her.
"How did I get so lucky?" She pulled Emma in and they kissed again. This time it was so passionate and Emma straddled Regina, pulling off her white shirt. They continued to undress, before stopping again for a second just to look at eachother. Regina sighed.
"I don't deserve you..." She whispered, stroking Emma's back. Emma shook her head softly and smiled.
"When are you going to realise that you are worth so much more than me?" Regina just pushed a fallen peice of blonde hair behind Emma's ear and pulled her in towards her again.
"I love you." She whispered. Emma removed her lips from Regina's and smiled.
"I love you too."
~~
Emma walked into the kitchen to see Regina making breakfast with Henry by her side. She leaned against the door frame and just watched them for a while. She couldn't be happier than right now. She had the two most important people in the world with her... Knock knock! Emma snapped out of her thoughts and headed to the door. Opening it she saw Graham and sighed.
"What is it now?" She snapped rudely. He looked a little taken aback, but he answered fairly. He couldn't begin to imagine what they were all going through or how they'd got through what they'd been through already, so he couldn't judge.
"I just came to inform you that we have found Malory Burneywood guilty of the murder of Lily Page and she is being sent to a women's prison in New York." Emma stepped back, almost in shock. She felt Regina's hand touch her lower back, as the brunette joined her at the door.
"What's going on?" Regina asked innocently. Emma looked at her and gulped.
"Regina. Mal has been charged with Lily's murder. She's being put in prison." Regina gasped and put her hand over her mouth.
"What?" She looked at Graham for the answer this time. He sighed deeply.
"She admitted the whole thing this morning. She wanted to set up Regina, in order to take her place as Mayor. So she took a kitchen knife from... well your kitchen and when she heard you had a doctor watching your every move, she thought that gave you a motive. It wasn't until it was too late, she realised Lily was her daughter. She never spoke to her the night before, like she said. Lily only went to meet her in the morning, to speak with her about Regina resuming her position as mayor." Graham explained. Regina stumbled backwards. Betrayed by her secretary. Betrayed by her friend. Her only friend. Regina didn't realise how much she was crying until after Emma had told Graham it'd be best if he just gave them some space. She closed the door and Regina fell to her knees, with Emma cuddling her close. Henry ran out from the kitchen and joined the hug, not knowing why his mom's were so upset. Regina could hardly breath and began going into shock. How could someone do something so awful? How could sweet, innocent Mal commit murder? Why was this happening? It was as though Regina's life was just a chain of terrible events. She looked up at Emma who kissed her forehead and then at Henry, who was hugging her tightly. Well, maybe not all of them were terrible. She smiled a watery smile between her sobs. She was beyond thankful for her beautiful family. She needed them more than anything else. Emma stroked Regina's cheek and smiled when she saw Regina's.
"What's making you smile?" She asked, giggling a bit. Suddenly all three of them ended up falling about laughing in a heap in the hall. Regina cupped both their faces in each of her hands, causing them both to just stop and smile at her lovingly.
"I love you both. So much."