Meating My New Team

*Disclaimer- I don't own Naruto! Masashi Kishimoto does. So read, vote, comment!

*Karasu's pov*

Asuma-sensei and I small talked while walking towards the BBQ place. Once we got there I saw a chubby boy with red swirls on his cheeks, a blonde girl, and a pineapple headed boy waiting by the entrance. "You're late Sensei!" The blonde yells at Asuma-sensei.

"Sorry about that. Lord Hokage needed me. We've got a new member to our team." He say gesturing to me.

"Yes! Another girl!" The blonde shrieks excitedly and tries to hug me. My water teleports me on the other side of Asuma-sensei causing blondie to face plant.

"Sorry. I don't like physical contact very well." I say looking to her.

"Alright, let's introduce ourselves inside." Asuma-sensei says with a smile. We all nod and go inside. We get seated and order. I get some chicken and steak. "Alright, introduce yourselves to her." He instructs.

"I'm Ino Yamanaka!" The blonde exclaims smiling brightly at me.

"I'm *chomp* Choji * chomp* Akimichi." The chubby boy says between bites.

"How troublesome, I'm Shikamaru Nara." Pineapple head says sighing.

"I'm Karasu Bara Hatake. It's nice to meet you." I reply slightly smiling and showing some emotion.

"Hey Karasu, why do you wear a mask? How are you supposed to eat with it on?" Ino asks.

"Why does everyone here ask that question?" I ask mainly myself. "Fanboys are too troublesome to deal with, and don't worry, I will eat." I reply to her.

"Not another Shikamaru!" She whines as I said 'troublesome'. I take this time while everyone's distracted to eat my food. But what I didn't realize was Shikamaru was watching...

"I get it now." Shikamaru says with a blush on his face.

"What?" Ino asks curiously.

"Nothing. Troublesome woman." He mutters.

"Why don't we all do a mission tomorrow?" Asuma-sensei asks. "A D-ranked mission though." He says looking at me.

"So nothing even semi-dangerous? How boring." I sulk.

"Tch, why would you want to be in dangers way?" Ino asks.

"She grew up in dangers way Ino. She could handle it, you three on the other hand I'm not so sure of." He answers.

"Are you calling us weak?!" She yells.

"Compared to Karasu, yes. She's ANBU worthy, but Lord Hokage wants her to go through the ranks like everyone else." Sensei says.

"What?!" She yells again.

"Stop yelling. Geez you're almost as bad as Sakura." I say bored while covering my ears.

"So you've met Forehead? Have you met Sasuke-kun? Is he doing okay? Is he being annoyed by Forehead?" Ino asks all at once.

"Yeah, I've met Sakura, no she isn't annoying him too much, he's fine, and I saved his and Naruto's life." I say simply.

"What? He was in danger?" She asks concerned.

"The entire team was. But everyone is fine." I reply.

"Alright, guys. Get home and rest. Come on Karasu before Kakashi has my head." Asuma-sensei grumbles.

"Okay Sensei." I reply standing from my spot next to Shikamaru. "Bye guys." I say waving to my team.

"What do you think of them?" He asks as we walk through the village towards dads.

"Honestly? Choji eats a lot, Ino is basically a banshee, and Shikamaru is quite and intelligent. He sits and observes." I answer him.

"And you think you'll be able to work with this team? They look like they don't work well together but they work perfect together." He tells me.

"Yes, in fact I think I chose my team correctly. My water and ice is perfect for distractions and no fire jutsu's can get through. I can also go offensive and fight off opponents when needed and I can easily get information, my mind jutsu allows me to take a person in their mind with me or into my own mind, it's quite effective to get information." I say seriously.

"So you do have a mind jutsu. I'd like to see it one day." He says.

"Well, its not perfected yet, as of now, I have to touch the person in order for it to work. But I'm working on it." I say as we stop in front of an apartment building.

"Well, this is your stop. Kakashi's apartment is the top left, first door." He says. "Be at the Hokage's office at 7 am. Don't be late like your father." He says seriously.

"Hai sensei, I'll be there. Bye." I say as I walk inside.