Best....Friend's.......?

*Disclaimer- I don't own Naruto! Masashi Kishimoto does. So read, vote, comment! I'll update three more next week!

*Karasu's pov*

Beep......beep.......beep........beep. I kept hearing the most annoying noise ever. My eyes felt so heavy, I couldn't open them. I groaned as I slowly forced my eyes to open. I blinked, once, twice, thrice before realization hit me. I'm in the hospital... how lovely. I mutter in my head.

I look around slowly and see tones of flowers, probably from Ino. A box of dangos, most likely from Choji and Shikamaru. I say some balloons and such saying get well, and some cards. I smiled lightly. I looked to the door as I heard it open. "Karasu/-chan!" Naruto yelled and Shikamaru sighed.

Naruto ran to me and hugged me. I sighed and just accepted my fate. Then Shikamaru messed up my hair. "Hey guys. Where's Mystic? And when can I leave?" I ask.

"I'll get the doctor." Shikamaru sighs walking out of the room muttering 'troublesome woman.'

"Mystic is with Kiba. She wasn't allowed to stay because she kept getting in the way of the Doctor, believe it. So Kiba had to come and get her. Though at first his mom and sister were called in but Mystic messed them up." Naruto laughs.

"Hah, that was expected. I hope she's alright." I say sighing.

A few minutes go by and Naruto and I just small talk. He told me that I was going up against Gaara, on Gaara's request. Somehow they actually let it happen. Naruto is going up against Neji, Sasuke is going up against Dosu, Shino was going up against Kankuro, and Shikamaru was going against Temari. Then whoever won those would go on to the next round, then so on and so forth. He also informed me about even if you won the fight it doesn't necessarily mean you get to become a chūnin. Which he complained about, but I understood why.

He also told me that Bushy Brows was still in the hospital. He was down that he probably wouldn't be a ninja again. Then Shikamaru and a doctor came in. "How are you feeling Karasu?" The Doctor asks.

"I'm feeling fine. Now, when can I get outta this hell?" I ask seriously. He chuckles, looks at his check board.

"You're free to leave when you want." He says. I jump out of the bed earning laughs from Naruto and Shikamaru.

"Boys, let's go visit Lee." I say with a smile.

"Hai!" They say. I change quickly in the bathroom then we head out to Lee's room. I had my gourd on my back but my katanas were at home. Dad had to take them when we came to the hospital.

We were talking about small things when we got to Lee's room. Gaara stood over him, his sand going around Lee. Naruto and Shikamaru freaked out. My water went up, cutting the sand off. I pushed Naruto and Shikamaru near Lee as I put a dome around them. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask calmly.

He then looked at me with the wild eyes he gets when Shukaku wants blood. I walked slowly over to him, I grabbed his head, water wrapped around my hands. I began healing his headache and calming him down. "Shh, Shukaku. We can go hunt later. For now leave." I say quietly and calmly as I pull away from him. He slowly nods and disappears.

I look over and Lee, Naruto and Shikamaru. Lee's still out but Naruto and Shikamaru are looking at me like I've grown another head. I take my water down and walk over to them. "How did you do that?(believe it!)" Naruto and Shikamaru both exclaim.

"Because, he and I aren't as different as we seem. I just know how to control myself. Now, move over so I can check on Lee." I say and they both nod. I walk over to Lee and sigh. I pull water out and it wraps around my hands. I glide my hands over his body and frown.