Feeling alive

"You talked to a snake?!" Sabine exclaimed.

"I still can't figure out how I did it, because I have no idea" Ezra replied cutting up a capsicum.

Ezra had told Sabine about his strange conversation with the snake as they prepared lunch.

"Ezra. Do you have any idea what language you spoke?" Sabine asked.

"Snake?" Ezra suggested.
"Paseltongue."

"Speak English to me please?"

"It's snake language" Sabine explained.

"So I can speak to snakes? That's cool" Ezra said.

"Umm. Ezra, if we go to Hogwarts, I have a feeling you'll get into Slytherin."

"Oh come on. Just because I have the ability to talk to snakes makes you assume I'll be put into the house of reptiles?"

"There's a reason the Slytherin house mascot is a serpent" Sabine replied.

"Because Salazar Slytherin was a Paseltongue?"

"Exactly."

Sabine and Ezra knew a lot about Hogwarts. Their parents had explained it to them and they had read books about the school. They knew about the founders of Hogwarts, Quidditch and all about the magical creatures. Although they'd never seen them except in books pictures.

"C'mon. We'd better get this to Miss Atama or she'll be after our blood" Sabine said serving the salad in to a bowl.

Ezra picked up the dish and went out to the study to where Miss Atama was.
Sabine went after him.

The Bridger siblings stopped outside the door when they heard her voice.

"Yes I understand. I will tell them, but are you sure about this Jarrus? Those kids are nothing but trouble. How old? Both seven...No their not the ones who prank. Well, if you're sure. When will you come get them? Alright I'll tell them and if you are not happy with them, do not hesitate to bring them back. Okay, I'll see you on Friday."

There was a click of a phone being put on a docking station.
Ezra and Sabine stared at one another.

"We're being adopted?" Sabine whispered. 

Ezra shrugged eyes round as saucer's, before knocking on the door twice.

"Come in!" Miss Atama barked.

Ezra pushed the door open.

"Miss Atama? We have your lunch."

"Right. Bring it here and sit down. I need to tell you both something" Miss Atama said.

The two came in and sat in front of the woman after putting the bowl on her desk.

"Right. I've just had a call from someone called Kanan Jarrus. He's wanting to adopt you two."

Ezra had to grip the edge of his seat to stop himself jumping off the walls with joy.

"He's coming on Friday so I want this place spotless and your things packed."

"Yes Miss" Sabine said, hardly able to control her own excitement.

"Right. Both of you go and start cleaning up. He's coming in five days so I want this place done up early."

"Understood Miss" Ezra replied getting off his chair.

Sabine did the same and the two left the study.
Once outside and far from Miss Atama's room, they both screamed.

"WE'RE GETTING ADOPTED! WE'RE GETTING ADOPTED!" Sabine sang dancing round with Ezra.

"WOO HOO! GOODBYE MISS ASSHOLE!" Ezra yelled doing three back hand springs.

Ezra and Sabine were still whooping with joy as they got up to their rooms.
Never had they felt so so happy.

So alive.

Next part should be up in a few days.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲