Always and forever

"Ezra! Ezra psst wake up!"

Ezra groaned as he was roughly shaken into consciousness.

"Five more minutes" he muttered rolling over.

"Come on Ez, don't you want to see what Santa's brought us?" Sabine whispered.

Ezra instantly sat up, dislodging Scales who was curled up on his face. 

"What'sss the russsssh?" Scales asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes with his tail.

"It's Christmas lil buddy!" Ezra exclaimed, picking the snake up and putting him in his pocket.

The two siblings sped into Zeb's room and woke him up by doing an Irish dance on his bed. Ezra and Sabine then ran to Kanan and Hera's bedroom and jumped onto their bed.

"Mum! Mum wake up!" Ezra insisted.

Hera opened an eyelid and a small smile spread across her face.

"Morning sweetheart" she said, kissing his forehead.

"What's up?"

"Come on! The Christmas tree mum! The tree!" Ezra said excitably.

Sabine was shaking Kanan by the shoulder, grinning from ear to ear.

"Come on Sleeping Beauty! Get up!"

"Mrmph mrhm mwuff" Kanan mumbled into his pillow. 

"I think he's more sleeping than he is beauty" Zeb smirked from the doorway.

"Dad! Come on!" Ezra and Sabine said together.

"Alright alright. I'm up" Kanan yawned.

The two siblings got off the bed as their parents got up. Grabbing their hands, Ezra and Sabine almost dragged Kanan and Hera to the lounge. Presents were stacked underneath the tree, big and small, all shapes and sizes.

"Holy cow!" Ezra stared then glanced at his sister.

"JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY! OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE IN A ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH, HEY!" They sang loudly, dancing around the lounge.

Their parents and brother laughed in amusement. Sato and Chopper however, seemed a little grumpy that they were woken so abruptly by the siblings.
_____________________________

It wasn't long before the kids had ripped into their presents. Smiling joyfully at the gifts inside. Sabine got art supplies, animal models, chocolates, a miniature version of a Phoenix, and a shirt that said: 'Don't try to change me, I'll always be like this'. Ezra received a large, realistic model of a wolf, books of spells and mythical animals alike, sweets, and a jumper that said: 'I'm a rebel and always will be'. Zeb got multiple gifts including a jacket that said: 'mess with my siblings? Prepare for a knuckle sandwich'. Scales was given a tiny jumper that had: 'want some advice? Don't mess with me' running down the material. Ezra almost cried laughing after Sabine put it on the reptile. Scales didn't look very amused but Ezra knew he liked the present. And as for Kanan and Hera, they got chocolates in their stockings.
_____________________________

Once all the paper had been cleared away, the Jarrus family gathered for a large group hug.

"We'll always be part of this family, right?" Ezra asked.

"Always and forever" Hera replied.

"That's good" Sabine smiled.

"I couldn't imagine going back to the orphanage."

"You're never going back there, we won't allow it" Kanan said.

"Fine with me" Ezra and Sabine said in sync.

Hera and Kanan chuckled and hugged their children closer.

They were family.

Always and forever.