Mothers Day

Ezra stared a the calender, foot tapping. Sabine passed him then doubled back.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm thinking" Ezra replied thickly.

Sabine followed his gaze to the calender but didn't see anything suspicious. Zeb passed them, then doubled back.

"What are you two doing?" He asked.

"Well Ezra's thinking and I'm trying to figure out what he's thinking about" Sabine replied.

Zeb followed Ezra's gaze to the calender and looked at it carefully. But he didn't see anything out of place. Kanan passed his children then doubled back.

"What are you three doing? He asked.

"Well Ezra's thinking, Sabine's trying to figure out what Ezra's thinking about and I'm trying to work out what they're both thinking about" Zeb replied.

Kanan looked down on his son with a raised brow.

"Ezra?" He asked.

"Do you know what tomorrow is?" Ezra inquired.

The trio shrugged.

"It's Mothers Day" Ezra said with a sigh.

Zeb, Kanan, and Sabine looked at one another.

"And this is bad how?" Kanan asked.

"Because Hera is one of the greatest mothers in the universe and I want to do something nice for her. Thing is, I don't know how."

Kanan smiled and put a hand on Ezra's shoulder making the boy look up at him.

"I have an idea" he said.

~ the next day

Hera woke up to the delicious smell of pancakes and sat up. She instantly noticed Kanan wasn't beside her and slipped out from the bed covers. Tying her light blue, sleeping gown around her waist, the woman went down the stairs. Opening the lounge door, Hera's eyes widened at what met her gaze. A small pile of presents sat on the table as well as some freshly cut pineapple. Hera's favourite fruit. Ezra was busy cooking bacon with Zeb's help while Sabine and Kanan made pancakes.

"You four seem busy" Hera said as she went in.

"Mum!" Ezra exclaimed jumping down from his stool and running towards Hera with Sabine and Zeb right behind.

They threw their arms around the woman and hugged her.

"Happy Mothers Day" they chorused.

Hera looked up at Kanan, eyes wide.

"They did this, not me" Kanan mouthed.

Hera smiled and hugged her children back.

"I forgot it was Mothers Day" she admitted.

"Well, surprise!" Ezra grinned as the kids stepped back.

Hera smiled earnestly at the youth and pulled him into a side hug.

"Thank you" she told them.

_____________________________

To say Hera enjoyed Mothers Day was an understatement. The gifts she received from her children were all special. Zeb gave her some chocolates while Ezra had made a purple symbol on a necklace.

He said he'd been inspired to make it after seeing one of Sabines pieces of art that she called the 'Starbird'

He said he'd been inspired to make it after seeing one of Sabines pieces of art that she called the 'Starbird'. Sabine on the other hand, made a framed picture for Hera.

"I know Moonlight's your wolf so I wanted to make some art of her for you" Sabine said softly, going a little pink

"It's beautiful" Hera told her daughter, kissing the girl's forehead.

Ezra, Sabine Zeb and Kanan whipped her up lunch and dinner later that day. It was really well cooked and Hera knew she would never forget this Mothers Day. It was the first one she'd ever spent with Ezra and Sabine. She would always cherish it.