You'll see him again

It had been two weeks since Kallus came to visit and it was clear everyone had enjoyed his stay. But the man had bad news for the family on on fourteenth day.
"What? You have to leave? Why?" Ezra exclaimed when Kallus told them.

"Sorry Ezra, but I need to get home. I have my job to get back to" Kallus told him.

"What is your job?" Sabine asked.

"I work at a broomstick shop" the man replied.

"And I agreed I'd be back in two weeks."

Ezra and Sabine glanced at one another sadly. Kallus might've been their new uncle, but they had already warmed to him.

Kanan helped his brother put the last of his bags into Kallus's car. Closing the boot, he stepped back.

"I'll try to visit again as soon as I can" he promised, embracing Kanan.

The man returned the gesture before pulling away. After hugging Hera and Zeb, Kallus crouched in front of Ezra and Sabine. The two siblings looked​ at their uncle with sad expressions.

"Hey, cheer up you sad socks. I'll be back soon enough" Kallus told them.

Ezra and Sabine smiled at him before throwing their arms around his neck. Kallus chuckled and held them close. After drawing away, Scales slid on to Kallus's hand and hissed a farewell.

"You keep an eye on Ezra and Sabine for me Scales" Kallus told the snake.

"I can tell just by looking at them they're going to be trouble."

"Don't encourage them" Hera said with a small smirk.

Kallus rolled his eyes with a smile before letting Scales slither back onto Ezra's hand. Standing, he walked towards his car. Getting into it, he started the engine and waved. The blue Mercedes went down the drive with a cracking sound of gravel underneath its tyres before it disappeared into the trees.
Ezra and Sabine watched until they couldn't see it anymore and sighed.

"Hey."

Kanan crouched beside his kids.

"You'll see him again."

"We know" Sabine smiled.

Kanan put an arm around the two kids, the afternoon sun ray down on the grass.

So, Kallus is now gone, but I might make him return in the future.
Suggestions are appreciated.
Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲