don't mess with Scales

I realised that Scales hasn't really been around lately

Ezra went up to the bedroom he shared with Sabine and opened the door. Scales was curled up on Ezra's pillow, sleeping peacefully. Ezra crouched beside the bed and rested his head on his palms.

"Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales" Ezra said over and over again.

"WHAT?" The snake hissed in exasperation, waking up. 

"What cha doing?" Ezra asked.

"I was sleeping before you woke me" the reptile replied.

"What were you dreaming about?"

"Nothing that needs to concern you" Scales hissed before getting comfortable again.

He closed his eyes and turned his head away from Ezra. The boy crouched in front of the bed, watching Scales get ready for his nap.

"Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Sca..." Ezra harped.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT EZZZZZRA?!" Scales cried, eyes opening and looking at his friend in bewilderment.

"What cha doing?" Ezra asked.

"Oh for flipsssss ssssssake" Scales rolled his eyes and curled back up.

"Scales?" Ezra said

"What?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Chose the words carefully."

"Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"Yes. Out of everything you could've sssssaid, that was the smartesssssst thing" Scales hissed.

Ezra smiled as his friend got back into a better position.

'One more time won't hurt' he thought.

'After all he's just a little snake, he can't do much to hurt me.'

Opening his mouth Ezra started up again.

"Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales Scales..."

"THAT'SSSS IT!"

Scales lunged so suddenly it caught Ezra off guard. The snake went down his shirt collar and slithered around the boy's torso.

"Argh! No! Scahahales! Gehehet out!" Ezra yelped falling onto his back and giggling madly.

Scales however, had no intentions of leaving Ezra so soon. Not until he had his revenge.

"You kept pessssstering me Ezzzzzra" he said craftily.

"It's only fair if I do the same."

Ezra was rolling around on the ground, swatting at his chest hoping to stop Scales. However, the snake was agile and quick. Able to swerve away from being squashed.

"Scahahales!" Ezra pleaded.

"Are you going to annoy me any more Ezzzra?"

"No! I swehehehehar I wohohnt!"

"Good."

Scales slithered down Erza's back and popped out from the bottom of the boy's shirt. He sat on Ezra's chest, a evil smile on face.

"Learned your lesssssson?" He asked.

"Yeah...I have" Ezra said.

"Never mess with Scales the great and terrible."

Scales prodded Ezra's side with his tail making the boy yelp.

"Okay! Okay! I get the point!"
Scales gave a small chuckle and curled up on Ezra's chest. The boy wasn't able to get off the ground and got comfortable.

"Tired kid?" Scales hissed softly.

Ezra didn't answer. He was already asleep. Scales rolled his eyes and also felt himself grow drowsy. With a yawn that revealed his fanged gums, the snake got ready for his long awaited nap.