The Jarrus family

Thanks LuaKitsune for giving me this suggestion.

Ezra and Sabine sat in the back of the car. Staring out the windows as the town flashed by.

"So. You kids haven't been anywhere, but the orphanage?" Kanan asked.

"Yeah. It was really boring" Ezra sighed.

"What did you do there?"

"Read. Wrote stuff like stories and poems. Drew things, and Sabine's an amazing artist by the way" Ezra added.

Sabine went pink with embarrassment and stared back out the window.

"Ezzzzra. Are you out there? Whyssss the bag moving?" A hissing came from Ezra's back pack.

"What's that?" Kanan asked.

"Just a toy. I'll turn it off" Ezra replied hastily before opening the bag.

"Scales. You need to keep quiet. We're on our way to Kanan's house" Ezra whispered to the snake that was looking up at him.

"Alright. I just got a little ssscared because you haven't said anything in a while and the bag wassss shaking" Scales hissed before settling down.
Ezra zipped it again and sat up.

"Did you do anything else? Sports perhaps?" Kanan inquired.

"Not really. Most of the time we did house work for Miss Atama and cooking" Sabine replied.

"Wait, what? Miss Atama made you do chores?"

"All the time. Dusting, sweeping, polishing. All that stuff" Ezra shrugged.

"Does she know how old you are?" He asked. Clearly horrified the kids were being forced to do these things.

"Yeah. And if we didn't do what we were told, she'd... she would..." Ezras voice trailed off and he looked at the ground.

"Yes Ezra?" Kanan asked. Wanting to know.

"She'd beat us" Sabine said.

Kanan's fingers tightened round the steering wheel of the car.

"Wait. Don't tell me you had to do the cooking?" He said.

"Cooking. Baking. We were pretty much her servants" Ezra said bitterly.

"Well, I can assure you. Hera and I do the cooking at home. You don't need to worry. We won't force you to do it. But if you want to do some baking with us at any time, just let us know and we'll do it."

"Thanks Kanan" Ezra smiled.
"Just a quick question. Did you get hurt in the kitchen there?"

"Sometimes" Sabine replied.

"Did Miss Atama attend to your wounds or burns at all?"

"Never" Ezra growled.

"Well. Hera and I will deal with any of the injury's you have" he said.

"Thanks Kanan" Sabine smiled.

He could see in the mirror some marks on the two siblings arms and felt his blood boil. How dare that woman hurt children! And to not even clean up, or give the kid's any medication for the scars or burns. It made Kanan really angry.

The Toyota turned on to a side road and the Bridger siblings saw a forest in the distance.
As the car continued along the gravel road, they saw a house sitting in the trees.

"Wow. You live here?" Sabine gasped.

"Yep. What do you think?" Kanan asked.

"It's amazing" Ezra replied in wonder.

If you're wondering what the house looks like, it looks like this:

It was a beautiful, two storied, wood house, with a large backyard and it looked warm and welcoming

Standing outside it was a woman with an olive skin tone and light brown hair. She had gentle green eyes and was reasonably tall.
A teenage boy was next to her.
He also had green eyes, except the pupils were vivid emerald.
He had dark brown hair and a small goatee the same colour.
He had pale skin and thin eye brows like the woman.

"Who are they?" Sabine asked as Kanan stopped the car.

"Zeb and Hera" Kanan replied opening his door.
He helped the two children out of the car and got out their bags.
The trio approached the rest of the Jarrus family.

"Hello Kanan" Hera smiled warmly.

"Hey Hera. This is Sabine and Ezra" Kanan introduced the kids standing shyly beside him.
Hera crouched so she was level with them.

"I'm Hera. This is Zeb" she looked over at the boy who crouched down too.

"Hey kids" he smiled.

"Hello" Sabine said softly.

"Let's go inside. You two hungry?" Hera asked.

"A little" Ezra admitted and followed their new mother inside.

Hera put cookies on the table and a jug of orange juice.

"So, what's it like living out here?" Sabine asked curiosly.

"Well, its pretty cool atcually. It snows in winter and gets quite cold, but we have two fireplaces in the first and bottom story to keep us warm" Hera replied.
"Is there wildlife in the woods?" Ezra inquired.

"Oh yes. Lots. Bears, birds, and you're lucky of you see a wolf pack. They really are quite something" Kanan said.

"And you aren't at all afraid that they might come tearing in here and ripping you apart?" Ezra asked.

"Of course not. We raised that pack. We're friends with them" Zeb answered.

"You raised a pack of wolves?" Sabine inquired, feeling impressed.

"We found them as a litter of pups abandoned in the woods. We decided to take them in" Hera said.

"I would've done the same" Sabine agreed.

"Now. Do you two know about Hogwarts?" Zeb asked them.

"How do you know about Hogwarts?" Ezra asked.

"We're wizards" Kanan replied.

"Well, Hera's a witch" he added.

"We all went to Hogwarts" Hera told him.

"Are you two Muggles or wizards?" Zeb asked.

"Well, our parents told us we had magic blood" Sabine replied.

"Well there you go. Is that a Firebolt?" Kanan asked.

"Yeah. Dad had it for along time" Sabine said looking lovingly at the broom.

"Definitely a prize winning broom" Hera said.

The two Bridger siblings sighed contently.
Finally they found somewhere they belonged and could be loved.

Finally, they'd found home.

Suggestions are appreciated and welcome.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲