•prologue•

(miya's p.o.v)

Carl left. He wrote me a couple times, I wrote him back. But, after May, he never wrote any back. It's now August going into my junior year of high school. I haven't seen him since freshmen year. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him. I'd also be lying if I said I didn't move on as well. What was I supposed to do? Sit around, ignore every boy that talked to me, and wait for him? I don't know when, or even if, he's coming back.

This past year has been great. I've made plenty of new friends and I'm cool with a lot of people that I wasn't cool with before. Like, Ash and Dominique. After Carl left, Dominique wanted to apologize. She said she was stupid and a total, and I quote, "slutty bitch" for what she did. We became close friends.

I forgave Ash for everything he did and now we're practically brother and sister. It's weird how close we've gotten.

The Gallagher's and I remained close. Debbie and I still talk everyday and I usually stay over their house on the weekends.

Kate and Lip are still together. Kate just came out with her pregnancy and Lip couldn't be any happier. They're planning on turning the extra room upstairs into a nursey. I'm happy for them. From what I've heard from Fiona and Ian, Kate has changed Lip in a very positive way.

I also have a boyfriend now. His name is Jason. He's really sweet and funny and he's just so perfect in every way. He moved here from Atlanta in October. I was the first friend he made, so he said. I helped him out around the school and we basically had the same schedule. We clicked instantly.

Anyways, life has been treating me better. I haven't gotten into any trouble, I haven't been raped or hurt in any way, and Kate hasn't made anymore attempts. I'm happier.

Happier than ever.

---

a/n: hope you guys like this prologue. chapter one is coming soon! :)