•twenty•

(miya's p.o.v)

"Babe, wake up," I slammed a pillow into Carl's face hoping that would wake him up. Last night we stayed up late and binged Supernatural.

He let out a frustrated groan and scooted away from me. God, he's such a child.

"Carl, seriously. You're gonna make us late. I'm already ready and Debbie already left! Let's go, kid," I yelled. He let out a final groan before getting up and walking to my closet to get changed. He quickly pulled out a pair of jeans and a grey hoodie. He grabbed my tooth brush off my dresser and scooted to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

He came back and set my tooth brush back where it was. Then, he finally put his shoes on.

"There," he huffed, "I'm ready." He turned around and gave me an exhausted face. His hair was still messy and it was so sexy, but I had to brush it.

"You forgot to brush your hair, idiot," I laughed, grabbing my brush and gently brushing his hair. I don't know how, but he always manages to keep his hair as soft as a cloud. It's amazing.

I finished brushing his hair and set the brush down, making a few more adjustments before we leave.

His eyes wonder from my face, to my neck, to the hoodie I was wearing and then they stopped.

"Is that my Supreme hoodie," he asked.

"Maybe," I said, playing dumb. I saw it in his closet a couple of weeks ago and had to wear it and I liked it so much, I never gave it back.

"I've been wondering where that went," he gasped. I laughed at his adorableness and walked past him down the stairs. "You had it this whole time?"

"Yup," I answered, popping the 'p' as we made our way out the front door.

"Again, how much of my clothes do you have in your closet," he chuckled.

"A lot. I still have some from before you left that I didn't have the heart to give back."

"Wow, really," he looked flattered, proud.

"Yeah," I let out a small laugh and got out my phone to check the time. It read 7:54 am. "Shit, Carl, we're gonna be like a half hour late."

"Sorry," he scratched the back of his neck.

•••

The lunch bell finally rang. It's been an exhausting day. When Carl and I arrived to school a half hour late, Principal Monroe decided to give us a 20 minute lecture about our behavior this year. We told him we'd do better and then he dismissed us to our 2nd period class. Anyways, I've been starving all day. I was the first one in line, but not the first one at the table.

"Hey," Debbie said as I sat across from her at our table.

"What's up," I greeted her, quickly taking a bite out of my cheeseburger.

"I heard about your parents," Debbie said. "It sucks, huh?" I set my cheeseburger back down on my plate.

"Yeah, it does. They think they can just come back after everything they did. And for what? To 'bring me back home'. Fucking pathetic."

"You can't let them get the best of you, Mi. You don't need them. You have Kate and Carl and me and the rest of our crazy ass family. They're your family, too. We're here for you." I couldn't help but soften at her words. I never had a real family to care about me until I moved here.

"Thanks, Debbie," I sent her a smile and she sent me one back.

"Has anyone seen Dom lately," Ash asked out of nowhere. "I've been looking for her all over."