•sixteen•

(miya's p.o.v)

"You what," Kate yelled. I had just broken the news to her that I got suspended for a week.

"I was technically the cause of the fight, so why shouldn't I get punished," I defended myself. Which, to be honest, wasn't a very good excuse to why I got suspened. But, that's not the point.

"Miya, you can't just take the blame for everybody else just because you feel guilty! You've had two suspensions already. That's a turn off for colleges, you know," she yelled some more.

"They won't care about how many suspensions I have when they see my grades! I'm a straight A student," I defended myself once more. Kate let out a long sigh.

"Whatever, just make sure you get a friend to bring you your homework. You don't need your grades dropping for this shit," Kate said.

"Alright, I'll ask a few of my friends," I said.

"Good. Now, go do something with your life," Kate shood me away, walking upstairs. I decided to go see Carl. I just saw him a few minutes ago, but I already miss him. Is that weird? Missing someone even though you literally just saw them like two minutes ago? Whatever, I'm going anyways.

I walked out the back door and climbed over the fence that parted the Gallagher house from our's. I walked through their back door.

There was no one downstairs and I knew Carl was home, so I went up to his room. I reached his door and knocked on it before entering. Carl was sitting on his bed with his earbuds plugged in his ears. He must not of noticed that I walked into the room because he hadn't budged.

I lighty tapped his shoulder, making him jump a little. When he saw me, his face showed no emotion. Which suprised me. Usually whenever he sees me there's a big smile on his face. Not this time. He took his earbuds out of his ears and turned off his music.

"Hey," I said, sitting on the bed next to him. He just nodded his head like he didn't really care to talk to me. "You okay?"

"Fine," he said, attitude in his voice.

"What's wrong with you," I asked, taken back a little bit by his response.

"I don't know. I got suspended for two weeks because of you," he snapped.

"Excuse me," I said. "You're the one who decided to fight over a couple of dumbass words. Not me." He rolled eyes at me.

"Maybe you should stop causing so much damn trouble," he said, getting up and sitting on Liam's bed to get away from me.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Chase walked up to me. Chase started talking to me. Not the other way around." He just ignored everything that I was saying and started typing on his phone. "You know what? Maybe if you would mind your own damn business for once, you wouldn't be suspended right now. So stop blaming all of your faults and mistakes on me, take some fucking responsiblity, and never talk to me again. How about that?" With those last words, I got up and stormed out of the room. I heard him call my name but I didn't turn back. I just continued to walk back home. I ran inside, locking the door behind me. I went to my room, slamming the door. I jumped on my bed, putting my head in my hands and letting my tears fall.

Not five minutes later, someone came into the room. I looked up to see who it was. Lip. I rolled my eyes and looked away. He's probably just here to give me lecture about getting suspended today.

"You okay," he asked, closing the door behind him.

"I'm fine. Just a shitty day," I replied.

"Wanna talk about it," he asked, sitting down on the chair next to my bed.

"No," I quickly replied. I just want to be left alone. For the first time in a long time, I just want to be left alone.

"Yeah? Well, too bad," Lip said. "Talk to me." I let out a heavy sigh, and met his eyes.

"Carl and I got suspended today and he blames it all on me. He says that I cause too much trouble. But, I was doing so good until he came back and now... everything is just ruined. I was so happy. I thought that I would be happy with Carl. I really did. But, ever since he got back, it's been like old times. All the drama and the fights and the fucking heart breaks. I can't take it. And then, he blames me for his faults? What the fuck is that shit?" I love venting to Lip. Even the times I don't want to, I do. Lip just always understands and he listens so intently.

"Shit. That's a lot to take in," Lip said. "But, I think we all know Carl loves you. More than anyone. I think today just wasn't one of his good days. He's happy with you and, it may not seem like it at the moment, but I know you're happy with him, too. Real relationships come with challenges and difficulties. People are going to try and get in your way and hurt you because of who you're with, but you just have to ignore them. Don't let the drama get to you. Trust me, I know. Some crazy shits happened to me in the past, so I understand what you're coming from."

"I love him so much. I've known since the Christmas before he left that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. But... who knows what'll happen to us in these next couple of years," I began to fidget with my hands. I do that when I get nervous.

"Talk to him about that. Tell him how you truly feel about him. Believe me when I say, it's always easier when you tell someone how you really feel about them." He rested his hand on my knee. I sent him a soft smile.

"Thanks, Lip," I said.

"Anytime. You know I'm always here you, right?"

"Yeah, I know. Same here."

"Go talk to him," he said. He got up and gave me a light kiss on the forehead. As soon as he went to leave the room, Carl walked in. Lip patted his shoulder, "No more fights, man. I'm fucking serious." Then, Lip left the room.

"Hey," Carl awkwardly said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Hi," I whispered. Moving around a little so I was now facing Carl.

"Can-Can we talk," he asked. I nodded my head and he sat down next to me on the bed. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you for anything today. It wasn't your fault, okay? It was mine. I shouldn't have hit him, even if he fucking deserved it. I just..." he got down on his knees, resting his hands on my thigh. "I-I love you too much to let anyone talk to you like that. Miya, you deserve more than the world. I know all I've done is fuck shit up since I got here, but I'm willing to give you all I have. I want to give you want you deserve. I want to give you the love that you deserve. If you would just let me-" I cut him off by smashing my lips against his. He quickly kissed me back. Grabbing my cheeks to deepen the kiss. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes.

"I love you, too. More than anything." I grabbed his hands and squeezed. "I just don't want us to fall apart. I don't want this love that we have to break. I want to stay like this for the rest of our lives. I don't want this to ever change." I told Carl exactly how I felt, just like Lip told me to.

Carl smiled. He grabbed my waist and pulled my closer to him.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, too."

-

a/n: this is such a cheesey chapter. #cringe. but, i promised a chapter today. enjoy i guess :)