•nineteen•

(miya's p.o.v)

"What the fuck are you two doing here," I spat. They were both taken aback by my language, but I don't really give a fuck.

"Watch your mouth," my father, Jared, said.

"You can't tell me what to do. You lost that privilege in court when you gave up you parental rights. Remember," I sassed. In January, Kate decided to fight to be my guardian. She did and she won. Kate did that so they couldn't come back to 'reclaim' me.

"We're still your parents, Miya," my mother, Susan, said.

"No, your not," I scoffed under my breath. Carl grabbed my shoulders and turned me around to face him. He must've noticed how heated I was because when it comes to Jared and Susan, I can get pretty heated.

"Are you okay," he whispered, concern in his eyes. I took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I think so," I whispered back.

"What are you doing here? How did you find out where I was," Kate asked, anger in her voice as well.

"Please, Kate, your pregnancy is all over social media," Susan sassed, making me roll my eyes.

"An you just now decided to show up," Kate let out a sarcastic laugh. Neither Susan or Jared said a word.

"Who are these young men," Jared asked after a good minute of silence. I turned around so that my back was facing Carl. His hand snaked around my waist causing Susan to make a disgusted face.

"Got something to say there, Susan," I crossed my arms and waited for her to say something. When it comes to my parents, I can't control myself. I just can't. It's like whatever they do just pisses me off.

Susan didn't say anything. Neither did Jared. They were never good at defending themselves or their actions.

"I'm Carl, Miya's boyfriend," Carl spoke up. I huffed, not wanting them to know Carl or Lip or any lf the Gallagher's for that matter.

"Nice to meet you, Carl," Susan said.

"I'm Lip, Kate's baby daddy," Lip said, causing me, Carl, and Kate to quietly laugh. Again, Jared and Susan didn't say a word.

"Look, just tell us what you want so you can go," I said, growing irritated of their presence.

"We came to see our grand child," Jared said.

"And bring you back home," Susan added, looking to me. I uncrossed my arms, letting them fall to my sides.

"What," I asked in disbelief. They drove me away from home, gave up their parental rights, and then, after almost 4 four years, have the courage to show up out of nowhere and ask me to come back home with them? Hell fucking no.

"We want you to come back home with us. We miss you b-" I cut her off.

"If you miss me, if you really want me to come back home, you never would've let me leave," I felt hot tears begin to form in my eyes. But I couldn't let them see me cry, so I rushed out of the hospital room, pushing past Susan and Jared on my way out.

I ran out into the hallway, downstairs, and out the hospital doors. Some fresh air is all I need for right now. I took in the smell of the city air and let it calm my nerves.

It wasn't long after I came outside that I felt two arms wrap around me. I new it was Carl by the warm, gentle touch.

"You okay," he asked, his warm breath hitting my neck.

"I think so," I answered, letting out a long sigh. "I just can't be in the same room as them right now."

"You wanna go home," he asked, softly pecking my cheek.