•seven•

(miya's p.o.v)

Debbie, Carl, and I all walked back to my place. We planned on meeting up with Ash and going to Dom's party tonight. They wanted to help me get things off of my mind and thought maybe partying would help. We walked up into my room and set our bags down.

"It feels so nice to finally relax," I said, plopping down on my bed face first.

"Don't relax for too long. You have to get ready soon," Debbie said. I groan and sit up. I notice Carl was looking at all of my pictures. "I have to pee," Debbie said, walking out of my room and into the bathroom.

"You took all of our pictures down," he said. I felt guilt wash over me as I tried to make up an excuse to why I took the pictures down.

"Uh, y-yeah. Um, I redecorated awhile ago," I lied. I took them down because I didn't want Jason to see them.

I got up and walked over to my dresser. I lifted up the lid to the box sitting on it and pulled out all of the polariods I had taken down.

"Wanna help me put them back up," I smiled at him and lifted up the pictures so that he could see them. He smiled.

"Sure," He grabbed a handful of the pictures and we began to hang them up, replacing all of the pictures I had with Jason on my wall. "I'm sorry about Jason, by the way."

"Me too. But, you know, everything happens for a reason," I faked a smile.

"Yeah, it does," he agreed.

"Miya, bad news," I quickly turned around to face Debbie.

"What is it," I asked.

"Derek's mom can't watch Franny, tonight. I can't go to the party," she said, sadness in her voice.

"Or maybe you can," I said.

"No, Miya. I can't just leave Franny home by herself! She could die," Debbie shrieked. She's so dramatic.

"That's not what I meant, Debbie. I meant, why don't you just leave her with Kate and Lip? They're gonna have a baby girl soon," I suggested.

"Wow, that's a great idea, Mi. You're such a genious," Debbie said, running up to me and hugging me.

"No, I just have common sense," I murmured, but I don't think she heard me.

"I'm gonna go call Kate," Debbie said, walking out of the room once again. I laughed at her as I turned back around to hang the rest of the pictures up.

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes until I decided I want to start getting ready. I set the remaining pictures I had in my hand down and walked over to my closet. I pulled out a long sleeved, tight, grey shirt and some black ripped jeans. I also pulled out some white nikes and went to the bathroom. I changed into my outfit, tucking in my shirt and then decided to straighten my hair. I applied some light make up (eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss) and slipped on my shoes, just before walking out of the bathroom and back into my room. I walked in and Debbie was relaxing on my bed, scrolling through her phone. Carl was nowhere in sight.

"Good news," Debbie started, "Kate said that she would watch Franny for me! She's on her way home."

"Great! Where's Carl," I asked.

"He went home to get ready. He'll be back before we leave," she told me.

"Okay," I said putting my hands in pockets and sitting down across from her on my bed. "Can I ask you something?" She looked up from her phone and nodded her head.