•six•

(miya's p.o.v)

*friday*

"You're staying the night," Dom demanded as we sat in science class.

"Thought you were having a party," I asked. Dom is trying to get my mind off of things by having a 'girls' weekend'.

"I am, we'll have our girls' weekend after the party," she suggested. Honestly, I just want to sit in my room and stare at all of my old polariods all weekend. However, it's always better to get out and have some fun.

"Fine, but no boys. Got it?"

"Got it," she said, getting back to her lab. I did the same, until I felt a bump on my shoulder. I turned around to face Carl.

"Sorry," he softly whispered. Looking away and grabbing a pair of goggles off of our table. I quickly looked away. I can't face him right now. As he walked away, Dom and I both looked up to face eachother.

"That was awkward," Dom said. I just gave her an upset look. "Wanna talk about it?"

"I'd rather not," I answered.

"So... Why isn't Jason here today," she asked me, trying to change the subject.

"Don't know, don't really care," I snapped. She was taken back by my response.

"Woah, what the hell happened?"

"He's been ignoring me all week. Wednesday, I told him I couldn't hang out because Kate and Carl were having their parties and then he got pissed at me."

"How pissed?"

"He didn't even say 'I love you' before he hung up the phone, Dom. He always says 'I love you'."

"Did you tell him that Carl is your ex?"

"No..." I slightly whispered.

"Miya! You have to tell him. How did you explain to him who Carl was?"

"I told him he was an old friend who has been away at military school." She gave me an 'are you kidding me' look. "Well, it's not exactly a lie. Carl and I were, like, best friends before he left... Ugh! Fine! It was a lie." Before Dom could respond, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw two text messages from Debbie.

Debbie💞: Dude, Jason is so pissed at you.

Debbie💞: What did you do to him?

I looked at my screen confused. What does she mean? I didn't do anything.

"What is it," Dom asked. She must've noticed the confused look on my face. I lifted my phone over the table so that she could read it. After she read the messages, she made a confused face as well. "Okay, what the hell? What's going on?"

"I have no idea," I said, just as the bell rang. 

•••

The bell rang for lunch and I headed straight for the cafeteria, hoping that Debbie, Dominique, or Ash was already there.

I walked through the cafeteria doors and, before I even knew it, I was being dragged by the arm, over where the trash cans were. My heart skipped a beat and then I met Debbie's eyes.

"Holy fucking shit, Debbie. You scared the shit out of me," I whisper yelled, pulling my arm out of her grip.

"Dude, I was in the library and Jason came barging in. He say next to me and told me he was think about breaking up with you. He didn't look hurt, Mi. He looked pissed," she explained to me.