twenty-one

(miya's p.o.v)

miya🔥: dom, where'd you go?

miya🔥: everyone is worried about you

miya🔥: text me asap !!

I sent my last text to Dom and then shut my phone off, sliding it into my pocket as I walked through my front door.

I'm thinking about visiting Kate and Lip today. It's Kate's last day in the hospital and I want to help her pack some of her things up so she doesn't have to do it in the morning.

I opened the door to my room and almost shit my pants when I saw someone sitting on my bed.

"Fuck, Carl," I yelled, "You scared the shit out of me!" He looked up from his phone and let out a small laugh.

"My bad," Carl apologized, sliding his phone in his pocket. "How was the trip to Dominique's?"

"Not well. They moved," I told him, throwing my bookbag on the ground and kicking my shoes off.

"Oh," he said, sounding uninterested.

"Yeah," I mumbled, not even bothering to tell him anything else about it.

"What are you doing for the rest of the night," he asked, leaning on his side to watch me as I began to change.

"I'm gonna go to the hospital and help Kate pack for tomorrow. Maybe let Lip get a shower and some take out," I told him. He nodded agreeing with my plan.

"Mind if I tag along?"

"If you don't have anything better to do."

"Nothing is better than getting to spend time with you," he said sarcastically, making me rolls my eyes as I picked up one of my shoes and threw it at him. "Hey!"

"Don't be an asshole just 'cause your in a bad mood," I said, picking out a pair of grey sweatpants and a Straight Outta Compton hoodie.

"I'm not in a bad mood. I was just joking around. Don't get your panties in a twist."

"Oh, my God. Please don't use that word, you know I hate it."

"What? Panties?"

"Yes, stop saying it," I put the hoodie on and grabbed my vans, sliding into them.

"You change really fast... For a girl," Carl stated. I just rolled my eyes at him and put my hair up in a messy bun before we headed out.

•••

We walked through the doors of Kate's hospital room and I stopped dead in my tracks at the view infront of me.

There stood Jared and Susan, right in front of me. Baby Rosaline was in Susan's arms which triggered me just a little bit more. Of course they haven't left yet. They won't leave until they get what they want. And they're not going to get what they want. Not this time.

"What the hell are you both still doing here," I half yelled in anger and disgust. I could feel my face began to burn and my muscles began to tense up.

"You really thought we were going to leave without seeing this beauty," Susan looked up with a toothy smile.

Kate was sitting on the her bed with her arms crossed, an irritated look on her face. I walked in the room a little more and stood by Lip, right beside the bathroom door. Carl followed me.

"They won't leave," Lip whispered in my ear.

"They won't be here much longer, trust me," I whispered back. He gave me a look, but I just turned my head away. "Look, I need you guys to go back to your hotel, or whatever your using to stay here, so that I can help Kate pack up her stuff and so Lip can go home and shower," I told them. Susan set the baby down gently in it's little bed and began to walk towards me.

"If you think you can talk to your mother like th-" I interrupted her mid sentence.

"You are not my mother. By blood, yes. But otherwise, you are no where near a mother to me. Same with you," I pointed at Jared.

"Oh, really? Who else would be a mother and father towards you," Susan scoffed, making clench my jaw.

"Kate and Lip. They've loved me, taken care of me, helped me when I was hurt, unlike anything the two of you have ever done for me," I felt tears burn in my eyes and I hadn't noticed I had taken a step closer to Susan until I felt both Lip and Carl's hands on either shoulder. "You ignored me when I was getting bullied. You didn't help me when I was getting sexually harrassed. But, you know what? They did. They took me to get a rape kit done when I woke up one morning with pain between my thighs and no memory of the night before. What would you have done? Laughed at me? Pushed me away? Ignored me like you always did?" Neither Susan or Jared said a word. Jared was staring down at his feet and Susan was trying her hardest to keep eye contact with me. "And Carl, my boyfriend, he's taken care of me when I was sick, drunk, and hurt. And without him or Kate or Lip or the rest of  the Gallagher's, I don't know where I would be right now. Probably up in my room counting down the days until I graduate and move away from the hell hole of a place you two call a home. So, please, just leave... and don't come back." I held my breath, waiting for them to leave before I let out any emotion.

Susan nodded her head and hesitantly turned around to her husband. She grabbed her leather coat and purse. Without saying anything she walked out of the room, leaving Jared behind. Then, the unexpected happened. Jared walked closer to me, put one hand on my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm proud of you," he whispered. And with that he walked out of the hospital room.

I let out a long breath and let my muscles untense. Hot, salty tears dripped down my cheeks as I stayed frozen still where I was, my head in my hands. I felt two big arms wrap around my small body. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around their body and squeezed as hard as I could.

"It's alright, Mi," I heard Lip's voice through the chest I held my head against and, in that moment, I couldn't be any more thankful than I am right now to have these amazing people in my life. I felt him pull away and I looked up at him to see a proud smile on his face. "I'm proud of you."

-

a/n: i love lip <3
should i start making the chapters longer or...?