•nine•

(miya's p.o.v)

We carried Carl into my room. Lip and Kate saw us barge in and followed behind.

"What the fuck happened," Kate yelled, holding Franny on her hip.

"Jason, and I don't know why," Debbie answered for me. "Miya do you know why?" I heard her ask me, but I didn't answer. I don't know why I didn't answer. I just feel so dizzy and frozen still.

Right now, Carl reminds me of the girl from the movie Girlfight. In that movie, she was basically almost beat to death by a group of girls. Except, Carl wasn't beaten by a group of people. He's was beaten by one guy and I don't think he has as serious conditions as the girl did. The girl in Girlfight was innocent. She never really did anything wrong. Just like Carl. Carl never did anything wrong. It was all me, I should've been the person Jason was beating the shit out of. I dragged Carl into my fucked up love life and now look at him. He's laying on my bed, bloody, beaten, and bruised.

"Miya?! Do you know what happened," Debbie repeated her question. I shook my head furiously.

"This is all my fault," I said. "I did this to him."

"Miya, it's not your fault," Lip said, reaching out to my shoulder, but I just put his hand away.

"Yes, it is. I was using him the whole night to make Jason jealous. Fuck! What the fuck is wrong with me," I ran out of my room and into the bathroom. I just need to think. I can't be in a room with a whole bunch of people questioning me. It's all just too much right now.

I slammed the door shut and locked it. I sat down on the toilet and rested my head in my hands, letting my mind go blank of everything that just happened. I took a few deep breathes.

"Come on, Miya. Get yourself together," I told myself after a few minutes. "Carl needs you." I straightened myself up, grabbed a couple of rags, got them wet with water, grabbed the paroxide, and a dry towel. I walked out of the bathroom and back into my room. Everyone was trying to ask him questions, but he can't talk.

I set the items down on the bed and sat next to him, lifting his head onto a pillow.

"Can't you guys see that he can't talk? Stop asking him so many fucking questions," I snapped. I didn't mean to snap at them, honetly. I'm just really frustrated, worried, and drunk. Those three are never a good mix.

"Miya, what happened with Jason? Why did he do this to Carl? Why were you trying to make him jealous," Kate asked me as I began to wipe the blood from Carl's face as gently as I could.

"Jason broke up with me," was all I said. Then, she began to ask me more questions.

"Why? What happened? I thought you guys were happy together?"

"Someone told him that I was cheating on him with Carl. When we went to the party he was making out with some slut, so I tried my hardest to make him jealous and I used Carl to do it," I've got to be honest, it felt amazing to let all of that out. "Carl went to the bathroom and I went to go find him and when I did Jason was beating the shit out of him." Everyone looked at me in shock, including Ash and Debbie. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? This is all my fault."

"Will you stop saying it's your fault," Lip yelled. "It's not your fucking fault. It's that asshole's fault. You were just doing what every other teenage girl does when she wants to piss off her boyfriend."

"Ex boyfriend," I corrected him.

"Yeah, ex boyfriend. Whatever," he held one of his hands up.

"Should we call Fiona," Kate asked.

"No, she's got too much shit on her plate right now," Debbie stated. We all looked at her like we wanted an explanation. "I'll explain everything later."

"Kate, can you go make him an ice pack please," I asked her. She nodded, handing Franny to Lip.

"I'm gonna go lay her down," Lip said. He walked out of the room and Debbie followed. Lip is going to be such a great dad.

"Need, any help? I can stay over if you want," Ash suggested.

"No, that's okay. I think we'll be alright," I said. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said just before walking out my room. I continued to clean up his face. I must've wiped over a bruise or something because when I did, he winced and opened his eyes.

"Hey," I said, "You okay?" He nodded his head slightly and tried to sit up but I pushed him back down. "You need to stay still so I can clean you up. You've got a few bruises and some cuts. But, good news is you don't need any stitches." I smiled for him and he smiled back. He opened his mouth to say something but I stopped him. "Don't say anything. You're not aloud," I joked. He smiled once again. His blue/green eyes stood out from all of the red blood on his face. His eyes are so perfect, I wish mine were that perfect. I stared into them. I want to kiss him so bad, but I don't want to hurt him.

"I got the ice pack," Kate said, handing me a cold bag of ice with a paper towel around it.

"Thanks, Kate," I said, taking the ice pack and setting it on his head.

"How is he? Need any stitches," she asked as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"He's gonna be fine. No stitches," I said, not looking away from Carl's eyes. "I'm just gonna clean the blood off of him, put some bandaids on those cuts and let him rest."

"Okay, well is there anything else I can do," she asked.

"Can you get him a glass of ice water for his throat and a pair of sweatpants or something? Sleeping in a belt isn't the most comfortable thing in the world."

"Yeah, Mi. No problem. I'll be right back," she got up and left the room. I watched her walk out.

"T-Thank you," Carl's broken, raspy voice said. I jerked my head towards him. He had a sincere smile on his face.

"Don't thank me. I don't deserve it and I told you not to talk." I pushed his hair out of his face and continued to wipe the rest of the blood away.

"I don't care," he said, staring back into my green eyes. God, I want to kiss him so bad! I couldn't take it any longer and I began to lean in. Our lips almost touched for the second time tonight, until it was interrupted.

"Here's that ice water you asked for," Kate said, handing me a glass cup of ice water. "And here's a pair of Lip's sweatpants." I took the sweatpants and sat them on my lap.

"Thanks again, Kate," I said, just as she began to leave the room.

"No problem," she replied as she left the room. I turned back to face Carl.

"Here," I handed him the glass of ice water. "Drink up. It should help your throat." He took it from my hands and began to drink. He gulped it all down and handed the glass back to me.

"I needed that," he said, sitting up some more.

"So, now that you're feeling just a little bit better, do you mind telling me what happened?" He took a deep breathe in and then let it out slowly.

"When I went to use the bathroom Jason was standing in front of the bathroom door. I asked him to move and when he saw who I was he grew angry. He cornered me saying 'Dominique told me what you and Miya did' and then he just started beating the shit out of me," he told me. My heart skipped a beat when Dominique's name was mentioned.

"Dominique? Was Dominique the one that lied to Jason and said I cheated on him?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, but Dominique has something to do with it." I scoffed.

This is unbelievable. After all we've been through, after how much she was there for me and how much I was there for her, she goes behind my back and makes up this stupid lie? Why would she do that? None of it makes any sense.

---

a/n: ending is crap, i know. anyways i was gonna update yesterday but i had to leave right after school, my phone died and i didn't get home until like 8:30 pm and then i had to study for my science test (which im pretty sure i failed btw) and then i read some conspiracy theories and went to bed. hope you guys enjoy this trashy update.