dear stargirl

what's it like to spin stars on the tip of your tongue, stargirl? what's it like to taste every fragment of the universe? does it taste bitter? does it taste like the hot cups of coffee you drink in the evenings? all milk and sugar? do you like sweet tasting things, stargirl? what's it feel like to grasp time in the palm of your hand? is it cutting into your hands? does it feel cold? do you wish you could drape it in a blanket, stargirl? do you like being warm? what's it like to be adored? does it feel like biting into freshly baked bread? does it feel like your heart's dripping gold? do you like being adored, stargirl? whats it sound like, being needed? does it sound like symphonies? does it lull your mind out of its lair? do you know you're needed, stargirl? what's it like to walk on ice? is it terrifying? does it scare you, stargirl? to want the chill of the water to freeze your lungs? what's it like, stargirl, to swallow the sun? is it excruciating? is it euphoric? do you desperately crave that fire, stargirl? what's it like to have family? is it like solving a jigsaw puzzle? is it a mess of ups and downs and 'where does this piece fit'? is it teamwork? stargirl, do you love it? do you love the scenery of a freshly broken heart in a garden overridden with flowers? do you love the colors in the sky? do you love the taste of hot food and cold coke and warm cakes? what does it smell like? does it smell like roses and apples? does it wake you up in the morning, stargirl? what's it like to stand at the edge, stargirl? is it like over looking a chasm? is it over looking a bed of tulips and soft clouds? stand that that edge, stargirl. stand there and think, stargirl. what's behind you, stargirl? what are you going to put behind you? what's in front of you, stargirl? what are you going to put in front of you? oh stargirl, you're holding us all in your palm. spin us like the plants. do you know you're loved, stargirl? are you willing to lose it all, stargirl? i won't let you go alone, stargirl. if you choose to break the ice, dear stargirl, i will plunge in after you.

dear stargirl, what's it like to spin the stars on the tip of your tongue?